*Bonus Chapter: Broment*

'No. Don't touch him!'

'Run! Ruuuuunnnn!'

Gun shots bounced through his skull, amid screams, the high whine of twisting metal, and shattering glass.

Then silence.

Not total silence, there was one sound in the quiet.

Fred opened his eyes, blinking at the bright over head sun as he struggled to get his bearings. Outside again?

Where had she lured him this time?

He sat up, disoriented by the surrounding green. The corrugated metal roof dug into his naked backside and thighs. How he managed to sleep on something so uncomfortable was a testament to that red headed vixen's skill. He swore she was a damn succubus.

There were his pants, draped precariously on the edge, about two seconds from toppling off the roof. He made a wild grab for them, determined not to perform another streak through the fort within a three day period.

He shimmied into his jeans, lying back to soak up the sun. His body was curiously not bruised or sore, a miracle considering what he remembered last night. That pink haired Doc Brown might be right. He was healing faster. Not fast enough, he could feel the heated metal against the deep slashes on his shoulders. A grin split his face.

"Okay, where is he? I've looked all over the damn place," said someone below.

Fred rolled on his stomach, peeking over the edge at the irate Li, stomping through the camp, trailing a small herd of newly Revived like sheep. Pfft, Revived, ridiculous name. All those suggestions he tossed out and they settled for what sounded like a rejected bible camp play.

JD marched around the corner, forcing Fred to duck back onto the roof.

"He's probably goofing off somewhere," said the soldier. "You know how he is."

Fred ground his teeth. They had no idea how he was.

He heard Li sigh. "Kit offered to give him something to do."

Oh, hell no. There was no way he was working for that weaselly pretty boy. He sneered, creeping to the opposite edge of the roof to leap into the nearest tree. They wanted to give him something to do. Occupy his time like he was the unemployed roommate sleeping on the couch.

Okay, perhaps he wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't with Kit. He hated that guy. Li always looked at him like he was the freaking sun. Actually most of the females in the camp looked at him like that, even Ginger. The exception was Princess, and he suspected she didn't dig guys much. Or women. Or people.

He knew what would happen if they booted him over to Kit. He'd be put to work shifting scrap metal again, or something equally heavy and unpleasant. Those were the sort of jobs the breathing crowd liked to fob off on the 'Revived'. And why not when someone like him could do the job of half a dozen men.