Chapter 1

She regretted ever slipping from her chamber during the night, she regretted going out to look at the Eluvian herself. Of course she knew, when she came out in some unfamiliar place that she was in a different time. Being misplaced in time leaves a strange feeling on one's skin. Tiny pinpricks from a change in atmosphere, undeniable to miss.

She was having a panic attack, pacing around a storage room, hyperventilating, unsure of how to proceed when she decided she had made a very stupid mistake. How would she get back, how would she make this okay?

Or really, how would she survive? She wasn't an ancient elf. She didn't have magical powers or knowledge of the world. She didn't fit in, and everyone would notice. She was terrified, panicking, and her mind raced to find a solution. She had to find a way back to her own time, but without the help of anyone this time. She wasn't sure she could do it.

This is just a bad dream, she told herself. She decided it had to be. Then rembered the sting of the slap across her face.

"No.. please." She wasn't sure who she was calling to, only that she'd take whoever was listening if they'd help her.

No one was listening.
...

30 minutes earlier:

She looked around dazed by what she saw, she was in a large dining area, elves were busy cleaning the large table in silence, with marks of June plastered on their faces. She scrunched her eyebrows together. There was a massive chandelier hanging above the table, lit with crystalline lights. Magic tingled on her skin, and flowed through the air like a tangible object.

Rough hands grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her around. She jumped and let out a yelp when she was touched.

"What are you doing here?" The Elven man asked. His long brown hair was pulled to the side with a braid that swung across his breast as he spoke. The bow on his back and dagger at his hip said to tread lightly.

"I don't know how I got here." She said honestly.

The man glared into her soul, his green eyes carefully calculating. "This is a castle for me." He examined her face carefully, noting the black marks of Dirthamen that framed her bright blue eyes. "Were you sent as a gift from Dirthamen?"

"What? No." Rihari shook her head as she recoiled away from the man's hand that was reaching for the braid in her black hair. Her reflexive pull away from him caused a scowl to cross the man's face.

"Come." He yanked her along by the arm. She pulled at her arm, and pushed at his hand with her own hand, but it was a feeble attempt. She was afraid of what this man had planned, she had came unarmed, she was fair game.

"Let go of me." She gathered the courage to say.

The man turned back to her, his face hot with anger. He reached back and slapped her across the face. "Don't disrespect me." Tears sprang to her eyes from the burn of her cheek. She reached up with the other hand and touched her cheek tentatively.

He yanked her onwards, through a hallway and across a ballroom to a door. On the other side of the door was an eluvian. The man yanked her forwards still. She kept her mouth shut in fear.

He pulled her through the rippling glass swiftly.

"Where are you taking me?" She gathered the courage to ask.

"Quiet." The man said gruffly. She obliged, and he pulled her onwards.

Her surroundings were stunning. Elves milled about the cobblestone path ways, she had seen this same area in the Between when she had went with Morrigan and by herself a few minutes before. The scene now didn't even look like the same place. Magic tingled on her skin, giving her gooseflesh. The trees were bright green, winding up into the air. The colors so vibrant they had her breathless.