Chapter 13

NSFW (gore and violence)

Fen'Harel was ready. He had just placed the foci inside of the staff that he had made to help channel his power. Rihari was begging that she be allowed to go. He couldn't let her go. What if she was injured, or worse?

"I have been training to fight, yeah? Was that all a waste of time?"

"No. That was to ensure you had some defense, but you can not come, Rihari. You are not ready." He replied. His honesty was unappreciated, he watched as her face turned red, leaving a deep scarlet tint on the point of her ears. Despite her anger, he found her red pointed ears adorable.

She licked her lips, her eyes held a pang of anger and concern. "Fine." She muttered the word, her eyes became distant. He reached for her and she allowed it, but his fingers only skimmed over tense muscle when he rubbed his hand up her arm. "Fine." She repeated.

"Ar lath ma, Rihari." He pressed a soft kiss to her lips, despite her ridged demeanor.

She mumbled her reply of "Ar lath ma" and waited until he was out the door to kick her plan into action. She strode over to the wardrobe and threw it open. The armor she had worn the last time they had thought they were being attacked was folded precariously and thrown on the bottom. She snatched it up and quickly put the leathers on. Then she slipped her feet into the ancient elvhen boots. She snagged her hand made bow and quiver off of its resting place against the wall on the way out of the room.

She balked down the stairs and made her way carefully through the outer wall towards the stables. She could feel Solas tugging at the Fade, attempting to check in on her. "Fenedhis." She swatted away his searching mind after a few moments, though she didn't know how she had done so.

Quickly, she tugged Felaern's armor and whispered comforting words to him. He responded with excited screeches, ready to spill blood. She topped the shoulder plates of the armor with the bladed add-ons that would assist in slicing whatever he rubbed against. She also strapped him into a bladed helmet with spikes pointing out in all directions, and gave him a trout to eat as she pulled him from the stables.

On her exit, she heard someone hollering at her to stop. She didn't hear exactly what they said, but assumed it had something to do with her not being "allowed" to leave. The sound of an approaching loud voice threw her into action. She leapt onto the griffon's back. He took to running and soon lifted off, he was a little clumsy in the air for a moment, he beat his wings hard to correct the effects of his hasty take to flight.

She reached out and yanked at the Fade, bidding it to show her where they had gone. Once her searching mind brushed over the thought she snatched it into her front brain and pulled Felaern in the right direction.

The closer she got to her destination, the more magic she could feel crackling on her skin. She kept her distance from the war party until she could see the magic clashing through the air. Then she turned Felaern towards it. She took a deep breath. Was she afraid? No, not really, she was not afraid for her life, but rather what she might see.

She pulled magical energy to her fingertips. The skin there hummed with the power of electricity as she approached the fight. She could hear the sounds of battle, and when she entered the threshold of magical energy, the amount of smoke and smell of burned flesh made her gasp and cough. She saw June below, shooting arrows and throwing flames of vengeance through the army of elves, catching some with arrows that killed, and burning others with flames of excruciating pain. She focused in on him and Felaern swung his body towards the man.

They descended at a fast rate and she shot a barrage of energy at June, right before she got close enough to the ground to land. Their landing was a bit too eager, and a bit of a stumbling crash into the center of the battle. Those under the others rule were easy to spot, due to the vallaslin luckily. She hoped she wouldn't be mistaken as one of them.