Chapter 2

A week after being displaced in time, Rihari had learned to keep her head down. To not be seen or noticed by any nobles. She had been assigned to kitchen duty, and thus her days consisted of preparing meals, stacking the produce that traders brought in, and clwanimg dishes. She had met a few new elves, Gertira, Moria, and Mariala. They seemed nice, though couldn't say they were friends, more like they just chatted while they worked occasionally.

She was searching through the pantry for a plant she was told to retrieve. She had learned what a few of them were by careful listening, but most were still a mystery. Liara swished into the room like fluid into a glass. Rihari had learned that her friend had been there the longest. The woman basically ran the servants quarters, all the elves looked to her for answers.

"There will be a party tonight." Liara said loudly, bringing silence over the room. "All of the Masters will be here." She looked around with stern eyes, making eye contact with a few servants. "We must look and be our best."

The silence in the room was suffocating, especially since Rihari had gotten used to the constant sound of chattering elves. Liara walked over to her happily. "Sometimes there are dances," She said with a smile. "Sometimes we get to dance as well."

"The other Masters, yeah?" Rihari asked. Eventually, she gave up her search for the mystery plant and just grabbed a few. She brought them over to the counter and sat them down.

"Oh yes." Liara said, leading her from the kitchen. "Sometimes the parties are pleasant, sometimes they end in a bicker." She arched her eyebrows playfully. "Both are fun, if you ask me."

Rihari sighed. "Who are the other Masters?" She was being led upstairs, likely to the servants quarters.

Liara stopped on the stairs and looked at her like she'd said something funny. "Are you serious?"

"Very much so." Rihari stated. "Listen, Liara.." They entered the servants quarters, they were alone. "I'm... not from here."

"I know, but-"

"No." Rihari smiled sadly, she hoped that this would work. "I came from a different time."

Liara stared at her a moment, uncertain at what she meant. "That's ridiculous."

"No, Liara. Hear me out." Rihari pleaded. "I need help, I.. got misplaced in time. I don't know how, but I ended up here in ancient Arlathan of all places."

"What are you saying? You are from the future?" Liara cracked a grin. She had heard a few of Rihari's jokes in the past week, this seemed like an elaborate hoax.

"This.." Rihari began laughing as well, noticing the ridiculousness of it all, how it must sound. She cleared her throat to stop her giggles. "This isn't a joke, I'm afraid. I really do need your help."

"How do you expect me to believe this?" Liara asked.

Rihari searched her mind for a way to prove it, but in the end came up empty. "You just have to trust me."

Liara composed herself carefully. "Is that how you got the mark?" She gestured to her hand, the spell was wearing off and a light green glow could be seen. "Do we have those in the future?"

Rihari smiled sadly. The people had less then they did now, but she couldn't tell her that, she couldn't crush her hopes of a better future. "Can you help me, somehow?"

"I do not know of any information on time displacement, but I will look for some." Liara replied as she unwrapped Rihari's hand and inspected the mark. "What does it do?" She nodded towards the anchor.

"It closes rifts." Rihari said casually.

"Rifts?" Liara concentrated on the mark, the green glow began to dissipate.

Making Fen'HarelOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara