Chapter 8

*some NSFW*

Time seemed to stop as he slipped to the floor. Rihari watched in slow motion as he fell. She hit her knees beside him and pulled him up against the wall to sit, her dress quickly soaked up the blood from the floor. His eyes went in and out of focus as he looked at her, causing panic to rise in her chest. She quickly examined his body for damage and saw where all the blood came from, through a cut in his garment. She was hyperventilating, unnerved, afraid. She frantically pulled his blouse up and examined the cut.

He groaned when she pressed her fingers against it. She didn't know what else to do, she wished she could help, she wanted to stop what was happening. She was afraid to lose him. She realized that it wasn't even about getting back home, she loved him. She loved him no matter where she got placed in time, no matter who he was or where they both were. In a thousand universes, a thousand different lives, she would always love him.

She focused on the wound trying to think past her frantic mind. She could burn it, cauterize the wound and prevent it from bleeding anymore. She was afraid. She stripped the gloves from her hands quickly with her mouth one at a time, keeping constant pressure on the wound. Then she prodded it with her fingers to check it's depth. It was a deep gash which only upped her panic.

She closed her eyes hard as she held her hand against the wound. Involuntarily, she started chanting. "No. No, no, no, no, no." Tears welled behind her eyes and she didn't hold them back.

Suddenly, she had a thought. If she concentrated her will, she may could help seal the wound. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, tears soaked her face. She was losing precious time thinking about what to do, it was time to act. She switched into third gear, concentrating on the wound. She imagined it just closing up, the tissues repaired perfectly and the wound to just close and be gone. She kept imagining it until she no longer felt blood pulsing out around her fingers.

Slowly, she opened her eyes and pulled her hand from the wound. There was a small pink line where just moments before there had been a gushing gash in the flesh. She let out a sigh of relief as she took it all in. She did that, she healed him. Her mind snapped to attention and she looked to his face. He had passed out from shock and pain when she touched the wound. For a moment, she was afraid that he was dead, but when she brought her hand up to his mouth she felt a soft poof of air.

She waited a few moments, catching her bearings and her breath as she watched his chest rise and fall. Where were all the servants? Was everyone still in the ballroom? Why had no one came to see about him?

Red hot anger sprang up behind her eyes, she could almost feel it physically crackling on her skin. Everything hit her all at once; June and his accusations, no one checking in on Solas, the noble man waving her away like she was some dog. She balled her hands into fists. This wouldn't slide by, she wouldn't be a place mat to anyone else ever again. The Dalish swore to never submit to slavery, and she would not.

She pulled herself from the floor and stamped down the stairs, she walked past a servant and demanded they go to him, to help him. The woman scurried away, ashamed that she had not followed to begin with.

Rihari was unsure how she knew where she was going, but eventually she came to a room full of weapons. Mostly staves, but she saw a nice bow and snatched it from the wall. She sat it down on a war table as she threw open a dresser and snatched out some leather armor. It would be too big, but she didn't care. She slipped into the armor and tightened it as far as she could. Then slung a quiver of arrows over her back and took the bow in hand.

As she exited the room, she balanced an arrow on the string. She concentrated on the arrow, whispering to it telepathically to do her bidding. She balked into the ballroom, prepared to fight, but it was empty. The room was destroyed, blood slung across the middle of the crumpled tile floor.