FOUR

Around ten the next morning I am finally set free of my prison. Gil drives us home, and my first course of action is getting into the shower. I need to wash the stink of old sickly death and disinfectant from my body.

Gil watches me with a frown on his perfect face. His arms are crossed over his chest as his eyes follow me around the room. Losing the towel that hugs my waist, I walk into the closet so I can find something to wear. I know why he is giving me that look, and I wisely choose to ignore it.

Gil wants me to take it easy. He wants me to rest for another day before I return to work. He should know the only way I was going to do that was if Allen had cuffed me to the hospital bed.

Two people are dead; six, including myself, had been injured.

If I was clear for work, I was going to work.

That bomb had killed a good friend of mine. Bradley Mitch was like a second father to me. How can I take it easy when the same person responsible for killing twenty other people had now killed Mitch.

Gil's glare only grows stronger when I emerge from the closet half dressed. My fingers are moving over the buttons of my shirt as he walks over to me.

My lips turn up in a half grin when he unfastens the buttons I had just worked on.

"It's just one more day. Allen said you should take it easy." Gil leans forward, pressing a soft kiss to my chest. I push my fingers into his hair.

Allen did tell me to rest, but he also gave me the all clear to work again. He told me to stay off planes, and sit down, and call him if I feel faint or nauseous. My wound hadn't been as bad as they made it seem. I've had worse head injuries in High School football.

"The day I start listening to Allen will be the day I'm too old, or too crippled, to wipe my own ass." I grab Gil by the shoulders, moving him back towards the bed until his legs bump the edge, forcing him to sit down. "I'm fine Gil, really."

I don't know how many times, or different ways, I can say it before he actually starts to believe I am going to be okay.

"Isn't there anything I can do to make you rest just one more day?"

He stands up again. Slender fingers run up my chest and under the shoulders of my shirt. I look down into green eyes knowing what he is trying to do.

"What do you have in mind?" I ask, and Gil presses another kiss into my chest. Standing on his tip toes he kisses my chin.

"Do I need to spell it out for you?" Gil asks.

I laugh; my hand coming around his waist so I can hold him closer to me.

"I just had a head injury. I'm a bit slow on the uptake. What is it that I'm about to do?" I tease him. Gil only pushes his fingers into my hair. Making me bend down enough so he can peck my lips.

"G-" he pecks my lips again. "-I-" another peck to the lips. "-L. Spells me."

I toss my head back, letting out a rolling laugh.

"We need to get you back in school babe," I tease and Gil pushes me away. I only laugh harder before walking over to him. Wrapping my arms around his shoulder I bend over so I can kiss his neck. "I'm just picking on you," I tell him. He looks up at me.

"You're a bully." He pouts. but turns around so he can kiss me. This time my mouth lingers over his. My tongue pushing between his lips. He yields to me just as he always does. His tongue twists with mine as he presses himself closer to me.

I pull back before we can go farther.

"You like when I bully you." He knows it is all in good fun. "I have to work though," my voice is much more sober when I bring up work. Gil looks at me before he sighs.