SEVENTEEN

It take me about two hours to wash dress and make it to the location in the Mojave Desert that Hye gave me. Hye and Chris are already here. Both stand a good distance away from the coffin as the bomb squad checks.

Being out here again made me think of Bradley. For a brief moment I could see the chaos that had unfolded less than a week ago. My fingers clench at the thought. Things were changing, first the bomb and now this. It wasn't the Prophet normal M.O. It wasn't how he did things. One body every year. So why were we finding another so soon?

"Nixon," Hye greets me when I make it to her. Chris cuts his eyes at me but I ignore the man. I was having a good morning and then I had to see his face. I wasn't about to sink to Chris' level. Another body has been found, we have work to do.

"What do we got?" I ask shoving my fingers into my pocket as I watch the bomb squad work. It was slow work checking the box making sure there was no triggers or devices that could go off. No one want a repeat of last time. If need be they would blow up the coffin just to be safe. I didn't want that to happen, who knows what's new clues could be found inside.

"An anonymous caller left a tip around nine this morning. Said there was a coffin in the Mojave Desert. There was no grave it's just been sitting there." Hye answer her arms fold over her chest. I look to the woman. Her brows pull down in a frown as she glare across the sand at the coffin.

So much has been going on lately. She only became my boss three days ago. I couldn't read her as well as the other members of our team. Looking at her right now I didn't know what she was thinking. It make me miss Bradley. Knowing that right now he would be holding his breath waiting to see what was inside of the coffin.

"Maybe he was interrupted before he buried it." Chris offered and I was already shaking my head. The Prophet would have never tipped us off if he didn't want us to find the body this way. "What do you know about it? Maybe your boyfriend had to run back home before he finished."

"If we keep that small minded view we'll never solve this case." Plus I was with Gil all last night and this morning. Lisa, Allen, and Levon was with the twins since we were celebrating their birthday together. Even if Gil woke up before me it wasn't enough time to move a coffin out to the desert.

Why was Chris so sure the twins was involved in this? What did he see in Gil and Galen that made him believe they were capable of killing? Maybe it was because he didn't know them well at all. Or maybe he blamed them because he hated me.

"Do I need to separate the two of you?" Hye comment, I can hear the humor in her voice. Did she find Chris and my batter funny. She wouldn't be the first person that believed us going at each other was some kind of comedy act. As unprofessional as it was Chris had a way of pushing my buttons.

My eyes shift to Hye once again trying to get a read on her. She was still looking at the bomb squad members. Looking towards them as well I watch they back away giving the thumbs up. Everyone around seem to take a sigh of relief.

Hye on the other hand brows pulled down farther. I watched as his fingers clench around her arm. It wrinkles the fabric of her jacket. Was this anticipation? Was Hye as eager as I feel to get a look inside of the coffin? Or was some other thought running through her head right now. Biting my lip I look away from Hye. I was being over critical of her.

She shouldn't be here.

I found the thought running through my mind. Bradley should be standing with me. He should be waiting to open the coffin. Bradley Mitch was supposed to be alive right now. Only he was dead. Just yesterday we laid him to rest. Bradley was gone. Hye did nothing to deserve my critique of her. Yet I found myself wanting her to do things the way Bradley did them. How selfish, how childish of me.