Part 1 - Reunion

Selene stood on top of the roof of Antigen; the cold wind blew on her face, police sirens resonated in her ears, she knew that Detective Sebastian couldn't hold the police for long but she had to find him.

Her brown eyes searched for her lover, Michael, she had him for a brief moment, now he was gone again, her daughter held her hand while David made sure no police officers followed them up the roof.

The young girl looked at her mother and she could see that she was on the verge of tears; she held her hand tighter to make her feel better, which did because Selene held her hand equally as tight.

The girl turned her sight back to the city just when she started seeing through someone else's eyes, the person was running, running for his life, the person then turned and saw the sea and several boats, she then came back to reality and gasped knowing who the person was.

Selene turned to her daughter worried but her face didn't show such emotion, David also turned to the girl after hearing her gasp.

- What is it? - Selene asked

The girl turned to her mother, her eyes were filled with hope, hope to able to meet her father, Selene saw the hope in her eyes, which made her confused.

- I just saw him. I think he's in an area near water and boats. - The girl answered.

Selene couldn't believe what she was hearing, Michael was still in the city, she could deduce where Michael was thanks to her daughter's description, she thought, "He has gone to the last place we were together. The Pier."

- I know where he is. - Selene stated

She then thought that maybe it wasn't a good idea to take her daughter with her, maybe it was better if she went with David to the safe house, she couldn't let her daughter get hurt.

- Stay with David, I'll go find your father. - Selene said as she looked at the city once again.

The girl couldn't believe her ears, her mother wanted her to stay behind when they finally found her father, she didn't want to be left out, she thought, "I want to meet my father! Why does she push me away?"

- No, I'm coming with you. - The girl demanded.

- It's too dangerous. There are too many police officers. I can't let you be captured again. - Selene said

- But I want to see my father! I want to meet him! Why do you push me away?!?- The girl shouted frustrated.

- Because I love you! - Selene shouted

The girl was left stunned; she didn't expect Selene to say that; David was also shocked, he had never seen Selene show emotion before.

Selene turned back to her daughter and the girl saw something she never thought she would see in her eyes, love, not just love for anyone but for her.

Selene had learned to love this young girl despite only knowing about her just a few hours ago, she didn't want to lose someone she loved again, she couldn't risk it.

- I wish I could take you with me but this is too dangerous. I rather you be with David at the safe house than with me being followed by police. Please stay with him, I promise I'll be back. - Selene said softly.

The girl sensed from Selene's voice that she wouldn't be able to talk her mother out into letting her to accompany her so she reluctantly nodded but she could also tell that she was only doing this for her safety.

- Okay. But promise me you'll be back! - The girl said as she looked at Selene straight in the eye.

- I promise. - Selene said as she kissed her forehead.