Part 2 - Family

Subject 2 impatiently walked around the bedroom she picked in the safe house, it had been eleven hours since Selene left to the pier in search of Michael and no news of her whereabouts have come up.

The young girl managed to get some sleep when they arrived at the safe house but it had been five hours since she had woken up and neither she nor David knew where Selene was.

David watched as Eve paced around the bedroom that like a caged animal, she was obviously worried about her mother; he stood up and walked over to the young girl who had now stopped at a window.

- I'm sure she's fine. Maybe she had encountered with some Lycans. - David said trying to comfort the young Hybrid.

David was equally as worried as the girl was about Selene's whereabouts, he knew Selene wouldn't take this long unless she was in trouble; the girl turned to David giving him a 'Don't you think I thought of it' look and then stared at the window again trying to spot her mother.

It was now midday, people and cars filled the streets and roads, the girl searched through the streets hoping to see Selene but she was nowhere in sight, she hesitated for a second but then she turned to David decisively.

- I'm going to find her! - The girl declared.

- Are you out of your mind? We don't know where she is. What if she shows up here and we are not here? - David said in disbelief at the girl's statement.

- I know that, David! But what if she is in danger? - The girl said.

David sighed defeated; he knew he had no chance in convincing the young girl in going to search Selene, so he went to the next best thing, not wanting to fail Selene on his promise.

- If you're going, then I'm coming with you. - David said

The girl didn't refuse his help, they quickly went to grab their jackets; before they went to the safe house, they went to a clothes shop so they could blend better with the crowd, especially the girl.

After Selene revived David with her blood, David became a Vampire-Corvinus Strain Hybrid just like her so he was now able to walk under the sun.

David was shocked when he found out he could walk in daylight but he had fully embraced his new power, he never knew why Humans were so mesmerized when they were under the sun but now he knew and he enjoyed it.

Once they were ready, the headed toward the door only to find Selene stepping inside the safe house with a man beside her who was holding her hand.

The man then approached Selene and planted a kiss on her cheek, the girl and David froze in place after seeing that scene play out, Selene finally turned to where her daughter and David were and gave them 'I know you were there look'.

- Both of you close your mouths. You both look like codfish. - Selene said

The girl and David closed their mouths after realizing they were open, the man finally turned to them and the girl's eyes widen, the man's eyes were just like hers, which that meant that he was...

- Is it really him? - The girl asked.

Selene slightly smiled and the girl now knew that it was indeed him, she couldn't believe she was looking that the man that stole her mother's heart, the man that helped her mother bring her to this world.

- Michael, meet our daughter. - Selene said looking at Michael.

- Daughter? - Michael asked in disbelief.

Michael couldn't believe he heard the word 'daughter', but it wasn't just a regular daughter, it was his and Selene's, questions started to roll inside his mind, when did Selene give birth to her? When did they conceive her?