Chapter 8

Chapter eight - The beginning

Prince Aiden

I stood and watched as my brother held our mate in his arms. Ash lifted our mate with ease and in a flash he was gone. I followed him absentmindedly to goddess knows where without a question. We ran in silence until Elisa's house came into few.

This was my fault. I am the reason my mate was hurt. I don't deserve her. I couldn't even protect her when it was clearly my job to. Absentmindedly tears began streaming down my face and I let them. I deserve to feel pain. I deserved to know what pain and loss felt like. I deserve everything that was happening.

Why was I so stupid? I should have listened to Ash. I should have stuck with my gut feeling. Better yet I shouldn't have listened to Ben. The only reason I even listened to him in the first place was because when he had spoken to me everything sounded like the truth and secondly I have yet to learn anything about her. She seems like a closed book with many secrets that have been untold and that is what scares me the most. I don't want her to keep secrets from me especially dangerous one.

Ash gently placed her in the centre of my bed and sat beside her. He griped her hand tightly with his, interlacing their fingers. He was most definitely scared. He didn't know what to do like I didn't. This was our first time with our mate and we had failed in protecting what was ours.

There was no blood not that I could smell any. She had no wounds or cuts, well any I could see. Nothing. She laid still on the bed. Her beautiful eyes were closed but looked swollen and her nose was a light shade of red. Her hair was soaking wet from the rain and sticking on her face.

Ash gently brushed some of her wet hair off of her forehead and rest in on the pillow. She was unconscious, that was for sure but something didn't feel right. There was definitely something more to her just being unconscious.

"Elisia wake up" Ash said shaking her slightly but got nothing. Her eyes didn't budge or move in the slightest bit. Her breathing never moved from its normal pace. Nothing.

"Elisia wake up" he repeated again slightly louder and harsh. He was shaking her furiously but she didn't move. Her eyes never opened and her breathing was still the same. Her body just didn't respond. It was like she couldn't hear us. She couldn't feel our touch and sense our presence. Nothing. It was like she was lost from the outside world.

What was wrong with her?

Her heart rate began to pick up and her body began to twisted and turn on the bed. My hands swiftly moved out and held her to the bed as best as I could. Her heart was beating faster and faster. It was going out of control. Her breathing picked up as she was now breathing harder and faster. It was like she was struggling to breathe. Her body suddenly flew up from the bed as an ear tearing scream left her lips.