Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven - Goodbye my love

              “Elisia come play" her curly blonde hair flew gracefully in the wind as she twirled around. Her playful dazzling eyes captured me as she sang the most enchanting song, her voice soft and buoyant.

His eyes slowly peered over his book, staring at me.

"Come here” he mouthed.

                I lay on the soft grass with my head on his chest as I took in the beautiful scenery. My eyes slowly gazed over to the sleeping little girl in my lap. Her song slowly plays over again in my head and her face is permanently painted in my mind.

               "Promise not to leave me" I finally break the silence, not daring to look in his eyes. I was afraid of his answer and the fact that he had the ability to affect me so greatly.

"Promise"

                    I stared down at the drawing I did that very day, wishing I could go back to that moment. A moment in life where I had no worries. What I would give to be there again. I would have cherished that moment longer and held on to it so tight that it would never float away from me.  

                    My thoughts slowly traveled to my mates. They were leaving today, back to the palace to continue their duties .I had been dreading this since they got here. This was something I feared greatly. I was afraid that it was finally time for me to feel that nerve tearing pain inside me. Time for the darkness to finally swallow me, showing me no mercy. This will happen as soon as they leave and no one will be able t stop it.

"Hey" Ash’s voice spoke directly in my ears.

               "Hey" I answered softly, discreetly turning my face away from him. I know that if I look into his eyes my perspectives would change and I may end up in tears. How was I to tell him I didn't want him to leave? How was I to ask someone to stay with me when I knew he was bound to leave? He wasn’t made for me. Someone so breathe taking and perfect couldn’t be mine. Someone so compassionate, understand and full of life was definitely not mine.

                    As quickly as I had let his brother and him in, they had seemed to desperately seek a way out and leave me, and to tell you the truth I knew it would happen. Letting someone in was never something I could do and now that I had finally done that impossible task, my hopes had run short. I thought that maybe the goddess had finally heard me pleads. Pleads for someone to care for me the way I needed or to let me leave this earth, but things never did rule in my favor. 

"What’s wrong?" he questioned.

               "Nothing" I answered all but too quickly, hoping he wouldn't see through my facade. He was quite a persistent thing and my heart could not bear another argument with him. I would fall apart at his feet.