Epilogue

Mackenzie Kingsman-Hiddleston
Four Years Later

On our fifth anniversary we decided to renew our vows, which is how we found ourselves on honeymoon, since we didn't get one the first time. Four weeks in a private villa on North Island in the Seychelles. The whole island was totally private, so one of the few places in the world that we didn't have to worry about photographers.

On the whole, the press are a lot nicer to me these days but we still sell newspapers and bring website visits, so the paparazzi still follow us sometimes, then make up a story to go with the pictures. They're not as invasive as they were when we first married but it's enough to be annoying.

That would probably change very soon however, when baby Oscar arrives. We called him that because I have a sneaking suspicion he was conceived on Oscar night so after joking about it, we just called the baby Oscar now. We didn't know if it was boy or girl, but we weren't going to name it Oscar either way. If it was a boy, we didn't want him thinking he was named after his father's awards, we wanted him to make his own accomplishments and if it was a girl, then Oscar was just not appropriate unless we wanted her to be teased incessantly.

I was partial to Alexander or Alexandra to be honest. Tom liked Elizabeth for a girl but he was undecided on boy's names. We continued to discuss it and change our minds; last month I'd been tempted by Charles or Charlotte, then I had a very brief dalliance with Thomas Jr, before switching to Alex.

At five months I had a noticeable baby bump in my bikini, but I had been dressing well and the press hadn't noticed anything yet. Sometimes being plump and having a fluctuating weight can go in my favour, not to mention that since everyone cried 'baby!' and 'shotgun wedding!' in the beginning, the possibility of my being pregnant had already been done to death by the tabloids.

Our villa here was the height of luxury and for some reason, filled with beds. The bedroom was large and the main bed was a four poster with a canopy and net curtain tie backs and, oh look, there's another bed in here, just in case you get tired and can't make it to the other bed in time. The living room was large and cool, with plush sofas and chairs, two different dining tables and, oh look, here's a bed in case you get tired. The terraces have sun loungers, chairs and tables and, oh look, here's a bed with a nice shady canopy, just in case you get tired. I mean, even the frigging bathroom has a bed in it!

I had to admit, with the pregnancy making me a little more tired than usual, all the beds were very welcome, meaning I could grab a quick nap and still be near Tom while he swam or read or something, but even I thought that having one in the bathroom was overkill.

If we're being brutally honest, the beds had another use too, a rather more carnal one. The pregnancy had kicked my hormones into overdrive and I need to come at least twice a day, or someone's going to get hurt. Just about the only bed that hadn't seen some action, was the bathroom bed, primarily because the massive tub was a far more attractive proposition.

The villa also had a large projection screen set up so we could watch movies, and the bed in the living room came in very handy then. We'd both heard of cinemas that had beds rather that seats, and we vowed to look them up once we got home and try them out when we got a chance. Though possibly not as thoroughly!

We did a lot more than just shag and watch films though. Taking advantage of the activities on the island, we'd been diving, cycling, hiking, on excursions to another island, and we'd tried surfing again. It had been a long while since we surfed in Australia but it soon came back.

There was fine dining available, and a more relaxed beach front restaurant, we could eat in our villa, or anywhere on the island, as long as we gave them a little notice first.