The Man in the Wall

"Come on honey! If we don't leave now, we won't get into the club!" says Angela, as we enter Dr. Brennan's office.

"I'm just finishing up a few e-mails." says Brennan.

"Oh, what?" I ask in disappointment.

"My publisher wants to schedule a book tour." says Brennan. "I'm just confirming dates."

"That can wait, sweetie." says Angela.

"There's a student that needs help identifying the cause of a fracture on a lateral epicondyle." continues Brennan.

"TGIF, you ever heard of that?" I ask impatiently.

"Yeah, it's some kind of acronym." says Brennan dismissively. "My inbox is full."

"We know that's not true." says Angela.

"There's a TV show that needs research." continues Brennan. "Not that they listen."

"We're going." says Angela, grabbing her arm. She starts taking off her lab coat for her.

"I really should catalog that skull." tries Brennan as we peel off her lab coat and set it on her chair. "It's on the museum's exhibit on the French Revolution."

"Yeah, Pepe Le Pew is more important than booze and boys." I say sarcastically.

"I don't think that's his name." says Dr. Brennan as I hand her her jacket.

Angela and I lead her out of the Jeffersonian and into a cab.

"Bassment club." Angela tells the driver.

He nods and starts driving.

We pull up to the club and find that people are just starting to line up outside. It doesn't take long to get in, and soon, the club is filling up with crowds of people.

"All right all right everybody. We're gonna keep it crunking here tonight." says a voice. "Tonight, the Bassment club brings to you, the number one deejay in town, Deejay Rulz!"

Angela and I lead Dr. Brennan to the bar.

"Feels good doesn't it? Being with people who are alive?" Angela asks her.

"It's very stimulating, I have to admit." says Brennan.

"We are so gonna tear it up tonight." I say.

"That's slang, right?" Brennan asks.

"Right." says Angela.

"Is my costume all right?" Brennan asks me.

"It's not a costume, it' a cute outfit." I tell her. "And yes, it looks perfect."

"I know! It's very warm in here." Brennan tells us, gesturing to her spaghetti-strap sleeves .

"No, because it looks great." says Angela, leading her away from the bar.

We push through the crowd towards the dance floor.

"We are so getting checked out." says Angela in a sing-song voice.

"I love this music." Brennan says.

"Deejay Rulz is so hot." Angela tells us.

We start dancing, and Dr. Brennan starts getting into it.

"I love this! It's so tribal!" she says excitedly.

"Don't say tribal" I warn her, looking around.

"Why, because of all the black people?" she asks.

"Sweetie, just for tonight, have fun, stop dissecting and take part." Angela says, eyeing some people who were starting to stare at us.