The Girl in the Fridge

"So I slept with Todd" Angela tells Brennan and I as we examine some bones. "You remember Todd? The bass player with the big hands? The nimble hands?"

"Angela, we're trying to piece together a skull." Brennan says

"So please keep talking." I say as I lay my head on the table in boredom. "It's looking great by the way." I tell Brennan

"So this morning, he's sitting there, no clothes on, just his bass guitar, singing to me in a low, low voice." Angela continues.

"That's creepy." I tell her.

"Guys, is this conversation appropriate here?" Brennan asks us.

"But I'm into live people." Angela replies. "But anyways, Todd has a friend."

"I thought you said he was creepy." Brennan says.

"Caroline said that. And Todd is creepy, not the friend." Angela says pointedly.

"Good news!" Zack says, walking in.

"I hope this is work related." Brennan says tiredly.

"The Anthropology journal is publishing our piece on the Evolution of the Coronal Suture." Zack tells her.

Brennan sets down the skull and looks at Angela and I pointedly. "Worth the interruption."

Brennan turns and finds Zack holding out his fist.

"You're supposed to bump my fist with yours." Zack tells her.

"Why?" Brennan asks

"I'm told it's a common gesture to show success." Zack shrugs

Angela and I look at each other, trying not to laugh. "It's fascinating when you two impersonate earthlings." We say simultaneously. We fist bump at our timing, making Brennan and Zack look even more confused.

"Okay, this is weird." Hodgins says as he walks in, holding a red box. "There's a guy in the lab who told me to give you this." He holds the box out to Dr. Brennan

"Is he alive?" I ask.

"Because that would be an excellent start to a relationship." Angela adds

"I don't know. I didn't take his pulse or anything." Hodgins turns to Brennan. "He said you'd know who he was when you opened it."

Brennan takes the lid off and looks inside. She shoves the box into Zacks arms and quickly walks out.

"Okay, a guy who gets her to stop working?" Angela asks

"This I have to see"I add, walking out behind Angela

Hodgins follows , then Zack.

We stop when we see her talking to a guy by some stairs

"It's like watching cars mate." Hodgins notes.

"It must be Michael Stires, her Forensic Anthropology professor from Northwestern University. They were..." Angela explains

"Very very close?" I ask

Angela nods

"Dr Brennan is my Forensic Anthropology professor. Does that mean that-" Zack says

"No" the rest of us interrupt

"Hey Bones!" Booth yells, coming in behind a team of people wheeling in what looks like an old fridge. "Bones, I got a present for you. Straight out of an illegal ravine down in a dump in Fairfax. Our forensic people confirmed it was human matter, so, rather than open it myself and risk being trashed by you for contaminating the evidence, I decided to bring the whole refrigerator, to you." He finishes it with a small smile.