The Woman at the Airport

Hello! I just wanted to formally apologize for how long it takes to get out a new chapter! As you can see, I do the whole episode, so that's about 40 minutes of dialogue, plus figuring out how to incorporate Caroline and all that, plus the fact that Bones isn't on Netflix anymore. Thank you so much for being patient! <3

"These remains, dating from the Iron Age, were found at the bottom of shaft three at the site." Goodman says, gently placing a gloved hand above the skeleton, but making sure not to touch it."There were five sets of human remains found. This is the only one found whole."

"He's in good shape." Comments Zack. 

"Fifteen hundred years old, he shouldn't look this good." Brennan adds. 

They all look at me, waiting for my comment as I sit in the corner on a stool.

"What do you want me to say?" I ask. "I'm studying to be a forensic anthropologist, not a carbon dater." 

"We're here because he looks too good." Dr. Goodman continues. "We're either going to authenticate the finest set of human remains from the Iron Age ever found, or dash the hopes of a thousand scholars." He sighs. "Let me know how it turns out." He turns to leave in disappointment. 

"But Dr. Goodman, this is extremely prestigious. Aren't you going to be a part of the team?" I ask in confusion.

"I have an institution to run." He says, taking off his gloves. 

"Didn't you used to be an archaeologist?" Zack asks him. 

"Yes, Mr. Addy. Thanks for reminding me." Dr. Goodman snaps, before walking out of the room. 

"X-rays, pictures, we're going to do this without touching the actual skeleton as much as possible." Dr. Brennan tells us. 

"Kid gloves?" Zack asks. 

"Latex should be all right." Dr. Brennan replies, turning to walk out, before realizing it was a metaphor. 

"Zack?" She turns back around. "Were you being metaphoric?"

"I decided to give it a shot." He says guiltily. "Which is also metaphoric."

Dr. Brennan smiles and turns to leave. 

"Wait! Dr.B" I say, catching her as she's walking out. 

"Yes, what is it?" She asks, seeming to be in a hurry, even though she's not. 

"Look, your Ice Age warrior is really cool, but I'm really not qualified to sit in on this." I tell her. "I'm here to examine, well, people who are more recently dead." 

"Yes, but this is the perfect example of how bones can tell you everything." She says, walking away. "And it's an Iron Age warrior!" She calls back. 

"But Dr. Brennan!" I call after her, following her to her office, to find Booth sitting at her desk. 

"I really need a receptionist." Dr. Brennan tells me. "I can't have just anybody waltzing in here." 

"Take a look at this." Booth says, handing us a picture. 

"A bunch of red circles?" I ask, not able to see the picture clearly due to Brennan's obsessive examination of it. 

"Each circle shows where a body part was found." Booth says with a smile. 

"What is this, an airport?" Dr. Brennan asks. 

"Los Angeles International." Booth twists back and forth in the chair happily. "Local pathologist says the remains are in pretty bad shape."

"So he punted it to the FBI" Brennan says, handing me the photo.