Chapter 28

Sorry for any editing and grammar errors!

Please vote, follow, COMMENT!

Enjoy ;D

-&-

Chapter 28

       It was the first day back at school, and I wasn't so sure how I felt about it.

       I mean, I wasn't cooped up in my house or Rex's apartment anymore... but Rex would probably be going back to his own home tonight, and I'm not going to be able to sleep ever again.

       "What's with the sad face, baby?" Butterflies erupted in my stomach the second I felt his giant arms wrap around my stomach and place his head in the crook of my neck.

       I smiled and placed my hands over his arms as he pressed a small kiss onto my cheek. "Just not happy with being back at school. That's all."

       "Hm, liar, liar, pants on fire." He teased and started tickling my sides as I tried to squirm away from him.

       "Rex! Rex stop!" I gasped for air as his fingers turned deadly against my waist. He held me pinned against my open locker with that giant smile I loved so much across his face as I died laughing.

       "Well, well, what do we have here?"

       And just like that, playful Rex was gone. His smile dropped, his face turned blank, and his bright eyes went dark once again. I let out a heavy sigh. His hands pulled me away from the lockers and straightened out my shirt, the one that he messed up, before he just held onto my hand loosely.

       "Hey guys." I smiled at the rest of the Big Four as they all came to stand behind us. Trey held a giant, sneaky, smile on his face, Brett's looked amused, and Denton just looked confused... like always.

       "Hey buttercup, Brett and I are going to the movies tonight if you want to come-"

       "No."

       I rolled my eyes as Rex pulled me tighter to his side and glared daggers at the younger Dimajio. I swear he just gets on Rex's nerves because he can...

       "I was asking Rose, you ass hole-"

       "I have a match tonight. She's not going to the fucking movies."

       "Rex-"

       "Sh, baby." His voice was such a soft whisper that I knew the others didn't hear the term of endearment he gave me. Well, Trey might have with how hard he was watching us.

       "She can hang out with us without you, you know."

       Uh oh.

       That was not the right thing to say. Not so soon after wat happened with Tate. He hasn't left my side since Trey got him out and I highly doubt he would anytime soon. His jaw clenched shut, his dark eyes hardened, and his grip on my hand tightened. He was just about to open his mouth when I stepped in. I knew he wasn't going to say anything pleasant.

       "Thanks Denton, but I want to watch Rex. It's the first match since the street fighting thing that I'll be able to see." I gave the younger brother a soft smile which he returned, before Brett smacked him on the back of the head.

       "You're an idiot, Denton."

       "So you keep reminding me." He narrowed his eyes at his brother who just laughed.

       Rex was still seething at my side, but his grip on my hand loosened and he was rubbing gentle circles in the back of it once again. "I'll get your stuff Roza." He grumbled as the Dimajios started to bicker and Trey's eyes brightened.