Chapter 32

Hey guys! 

Ugh so, I read this book that was amazing but it made my heart hurt because now I want a cute relationship like that soooo freaking bad and I know (sigh) that I will never have one. So now I am sad... BUT that's good news for y'all because when I'm sad and depressed and want a cutesie relationship His Flower chapters come flying out of my head!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes! 

Please comment, vote, and follow!

-&-

Chapter 32

       Rex was sleeping peacefully under me. His bare chest radiating the heat that my body so desperately craved. I laid with my face pressed onto his hard peck, my hand continuously clenching and unclenching into a fist above his naval.

       It was three in the morning and I couldn't sleep, which was weird. I was always able to fall asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow when I was with him.

       Despite making up and everything from earlier, it had been a very stressful day, and as I have said many times before I don't do well with stress. It actually took Rex awhile to fall asleep too. Well, normally I fell asleep first so I had no idea when he usually did, but I'm sure he wasn't up much later than I was.

       We hadn't kissed or anything, just laid there quietly for what felt like hours before I finally felt his breathing even and looked up to see his beautiful eyes closed. His arm had wrapped around me the moment we had laid down and his giant hand rested protectively against my waist. Like he could keep all our demons away just with that simple action.

       I unconsciously alternated my hand between clenching anxiously and rubbing over his smooth skin for the past hour. A couple of times I even found myself tracing the light scar of that stab wound that seemed to have happened years ago.

       My movements would freeze every time Rex's body shifted or he groaned. He seemed to do that a lot and every once in a while I would look up worriedly and see his face scrunched up almost painfully.

       My stomach would drop. I hated thinking he was having a bad dream, but I could tell he hadn't been sleeping much lately, despite telling me he was, and I didn't want to risk waking him.

       When the little red number on the clock flicked to four I let out a heavy sigh. I didn't think I was going to get any sleep that night, and despite how much I loved Rex's arms around me I had to get out of bed for a little bit.

        I rubbed my face against his chest before I leaned up and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. I still didn't know what we were, or where we stood, but honestly I didn't feel like asking anytime soon. Rex said he liked me, like liked me-liked me, and for right now that was more than I could have ever hoped for. Well, that and he said he liked kissing me...

       I gently ran my hand over his before easing it off my waist. He grunted and mumbled something in his sleep, but then went still once again. I let out a quiet huff. I needed him to sleep. It was one thing for me not to, but Rex didn't deserve to be exhausted 24/7.

       I slowly rolled out of the bed, careful not to wake him, and pulled the covers up to his waist once I had found my balance. The cold air hit my almost bare shoulders immediately and I shuddered as I walked towards the door. Winter had finally arrived, and despite the tell-tale of snow on the ground, my sister still hadn't turned on the central heat.

       Usually I wouldn't have been complaining. I always slept curled up against Rex's side, or on his chest, and he burned as hot as any heater so I almost always slept in shorts and a tank top. I didn't bother grabbing a sweater or jacket as I stepped into the hallway and headed for the stairs.