Chapter 7

Hey guys!

Please Comment, vote and follow!

I should have edited this chapter a while ago, it sucked so bad.

Updated/Edited- There will probably still be some spelling mistakes throughout this chapter though. So, don't be afraid to point them out for me! I will fix them asap.

-&-

Chapter 7

       "If you get so sick you throw up three times at school, it's okay to call Rosalyn!" Luce kept huffing that night as I sat wrapped in, like, four thousand blankets on my bed with a bowl of her homemade soup clutched tightly in my lap. And by homemade, I mean she got it straight from the Campbell's can and plopped it on the stove.

       It made me feel all warm and happy inside. Luce wasn't necessarily a very motherly figure- even though Tate seemed to make up for that just fine- but when I did need someone to take care of me she was always there. In her own special sisterly way. I was happy Tate was taking night classes though. I didn't need both of them fussing over me like a bunch of claustrophobic straitjackets. And Dad- Well, Dad just didn't really know how to do the whole 'over-caring' parent thingy.

       "Sorry." I mumbled around the spoon stuck between my lips. I actually felt perfectly fine. I really did just have a weak stomach, and the sight of all that blood streaming from Jason was just too much to handle. Luce didn't know about any of that though, and neither did Dad or Tate. I thought it was best not to tell them. They didn't need to be any more worried than they already were.

       Brett had brought me home while Denton went to practice- he even stayed with me for most of the afternoon. Dad was at his office, and neither Luce or Tate was home. I was thankful for his company, really. I never liked staying home alone, and after everything that happened I was happy one of the Big Four was there to reassure me. Brett was funny too, not as funny as Denton, but he still made me laugh. Before he left he put his number in my phone and told me he would call or text whenever he heard something.

       That was three-or-so hours ago, and I still hadn't heard anything.

       "Just call me, or Tate, or even Dad next time you start to feel sick." She let out a heavy sigh and ran her hand through her mid-back length dark hair as I spooned some soup past my lips. Just because I wasn't really sick, didn't mean I wasn't going to enjoy some yummy chicken soup.

       "Okay Lulu." I shot her a bright smile and big thumbs-up which she just rolled her eyes at before walking back towards my door.

       "Get some sleep, Rose. Hopefully you'll feel better over the weekend." She gave me one soft smile, that wasn't very common on her, before closing my door. I finished the soup quickly and placed the empty bowl on my nightstand before snuggling further down into the comfy blankets of my bed with the TV remote clutched tightly in my hand.

       Netflix, here I come.

-&-

       I used to suffer insomnia when I was little- but then again, I did have the worst types of nightmares. Thankfully, after a few therapy sessions and a ban on anything horror related, I was finally able to sleep at night. But that didn't necessarily stop the fear.

       I snapped awake as a small 'creak' echoed throughout the quiet room- the definite sound of my window opening. It had been hours after Luce left my room, and I haven't slept a wink. I was still so worried about Rex that it literally felt like my thoughts were eating my brain alive.