4.3 Let's Fly

Dean, Sam and I rushed into the airport and checked the Departure board. Sam pointed at the middle screen. "Right there. They're boarding in thirty minutes," He informed. "Okay. We still have some cards to play. We need to find a phone," Dean said. We found a courtesy phone and Dean picked it up. "Hi. Gate thirteen," Dean said. "I'm trying to contact an Amanda Walker. She's a flight attendant on flight, um . . . flight 4-2-4."

Sam and I looked around. "Come on. Miss Walker. Hi, this is Dr. James Hetfield from St. Francis Memorial Hospital. We have a Karen Walker here. Nothing serious, just a minor car accident, but she was injured, so --" Dean said. He was quiet for a moment, "You what?"

I frowned. "Uh, well . . . there must be some mistake," Dean said. Sam and I tried to hear what's going on. "Guilty as charged," Dean said with a little chuckled.

"He's really sorry," He said. "Well, you tell him to mind his own business and stay out of my life, okay?" I heard Amanda's voice a little. "Yes, but . . . he really needs to see you tonight, so --" He said. 

"No, I'm sorry. It's too late," Amanda said. "Don't be like that. Come on. The guy's a mess. Really. It's pathetic," Dean said with a smile. "Oh, yeah . . . No, no. Wait, Amanda. Amanda!" He put the phone back. "Damn it! So close," He said.

'Thank you for flying United Britannia Airlines.'

"All right, it's time for plan B. We're getting on that plane," I said. Sam nodded in agreement but Dean's eyes grow wide. "Whoa, whoa, now just hold on a second," He said. "Dean, that plane is leaving with over a hundred passengers on board, and if we're right, that plane is gonna crash," Sam said.

"I know," Dean said. "Okay. So we're getting on the plane, we need to find that demon and exorcise it. I'll get the tickets. You and Scar get whatever you can out of the trunk. Whatever that will make it through the security. Meet me back here in five minutes," Sam said. I nodded in agreement but Dean just looked at Sam and me anxiously.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "No, not really," Dean replied. "What? What's wrong?" Sam asked. "Well, I kind of have this problem with, uh . . ." Dean said. "Flying?" Sam asked. "It's never really been an issue until now," Dean said. "You're joking, right?" Sam asked. "Do I look like I'm joking? Why do you think I drive everywhere, Sam?" Dean said.

"All right. Uh . . . Sam and I'll go," I said. "What?" Dean asked. "We'll do this one on our own," Sam said. "What are you both, nuts? Sam, you said it yourself, the plane's gonna crash," Dean said. "Dean, we can do it the three of us, or Scar and I can do this one by ourselves. I'm not seeing a third option, here," Sam said. "Come on! Really? Man . . ." Dean said.

Me and my brothers got on the plane. We were sitting down on our seats as the intercom spoke. Sam and I looked over at Dean, who was sitting next to Sam. He was anxiously reading the safety card. "Just try to relax," Sam told him. "Just try to shut up," Dean snapped. Sam chuckled a little while I smiled a little. The plane took off and Dean still looked anxiously. Sam and I looked at each other and smirked.

It's was a few minutes after we took off. I looked over at Dean and saw he humming to himself. Sam looked over as well and frowned. "You're humming Metallica?" I asked quietly. "Calms me down," Dean replied quietly. Sam let out a sigh, "Look, man, I get you're nervous, all right? But you got to stay focused. I mean, we got 32 minutes and counting to track this thing down, or whoever it's possessing, anyway, and perform a full-on exorcism," He said quietly.