5.1 Bloody Mary

Third Person POV
Dean parked the car. He looked at the rearview mirror and saw Scarlett sleeping. He looked at the passenger seat and saw Sam sleeping also. But Sam seems to have a nightmare again. "Sam, wake up," Dean said. But instead he woke Scarlett. Dean looked at her. "Sorry, sis," He said. Then he smacked Sam behind his head. Which woke him up. "Ow!" Sam said.

"Oops. Did I wake you up?" Dean asked sarcastically. Sam looked around and then at Dean. "I take it I was having a nightmare," Sam said. "Yeah, another one," Dean replied. "Hey, at least I got some sleep," Sam said. "You know, sooner or later we're gonna have to talk about this," Dean said.

Sam sighed and looked around. "Are we here?" He asked. "Yup. Welcome to Toledo, Ohio," Dean said. Sam grabbed the newspaper.

'The Shoemaker family is sad to announce the sudden death of their beloved husband and father Steven Shoemaker. Steven was 46.'

"So what do you think really happened to this guy?" Sam asked. "That's what we're gonna find out," Dean said and he opened the door. "Let's go," He said. "How about you guys go. I will stay here," Scarlett suggested.

Sam and Dean frowned and turned around to look at her. "You okay?" Dean asked. Scarlett nodded. "Yeah," She replied quietly. Sam frowned and he put his hand on her forehead. Then he moved his hand to her cheeks.

"I think she has a fever," Sam said. "Scar, you don't feel good?" Dean asked. "A little," Scarlett admitted. "Okay, you will stay here. We'll be back quick," Dean said. Scarlett nodded. Dean left a window open for her and he and Sam got out of the car and walked to the large building.

Scarlett POV
After 20 minutes, Sam and Dean come back. "Well?" I asked. "Might not be one of ours. Might just be some freak medical thing," Sam said to me. Dean looked at him. "How many times in Dad's long and varied career has it actually been a freak medical thing and not some sign of an awful supernatural death?" Dean asked. "Uh, almost never," Sam said. "Exactly," Dean said. Sam sighed. "All right, let's go talk to the daughter," He said.

He looked at me and then at Dean. "But, maybe we should first go to a Doctor," He said. Dean looked at me and then back at Sam and nodded. "I'm fine," I said. Sam put his hand on my forehead again. "You burning up," He said. "Okay, let's go to the Doctor first and then talk to the daughter," Dean said. Sam nodded and I sighed as Dean started the car.

...................

Sam and Dean took me to a Doctor. After that Dean took us to a Hotel and we got a room. I was forced to stay in the room, by the Doctor orders, to rest for a few days. Dean and Sam left to talk with Steven's daughter. But not before they both made me go to bed and rest.

Half an hour passed, and they came back and told me what the daughter said. "So it's really is Bloody Mary?" I asked. "We don't know yet. We'll check it out," Dean said. I nodded. "So what are we going to do?" I asked. "Well, Dean and I going to the library and you staying here to rest," Sam said.

"What? No, I went to go with you guys," I said. "Scar, you need to rest. That's what the Doctor said," Dean said. "You guys know I never listening to a doctor," I said and my brothers chuckled. "Please," I begged. Sam sighed. "Fine," He said and Dean sighed. I smiled.

...................

We got to the town library. "All right, say Bloody Mary really is haunting this town. There's gonna be some sort of proof -- Like a local woman who died nasty," Dean said. "Yeah, but a legend this widespread it's hard. I mean, there's like 50 versions of who she actually is. One story says she's a witch, another says she's a mutilated bride, there's a lot more," Sam said. "All right so what are we supposed to be looking for?" Dean asked.

"Every version's got a few things in common. It's always a woman named Mary, and she always dies right in front of a mirror. So we've gotta search local newspapers -- public records as far back as they go. See if we can find a Mary who fits the bill," I said. Sam nodded.

"Well that sounds annoying," Dean said. "No it won't be so bad, as long as we . . ." Sam stopped as we looked at the computers and they all say "Out of Order" on them. Sam chuckled. "I take it back. This will be very annoying."

...................  

Third Person POV
Dean was sitting on a chair next to a table, with the books while Scarlett and Sam were sleeping. Sam jolted awake and looked around. Dean glanced up at him. Sam looked down at his little sister that was sleeping on his chest and then back at Dean.

"Why'd you let me fall asleep?" Sam asked in a low tone. "Cause I'm an awesome brother. So what did you dream about?" Dean asked. "Lollipops and candy canes," Sam said sarcastically.

"Yeah, sure," Dean said. Scarlett woke up and looked up at Dean as Sam sat up. "Did you find anything?" She asked tiredly. "Besides a whole new level of frustration? No. I looked at everything. A few local women, a Laura and a Catherine committed suicide in front of a mirror, and a giant mirror fell on a guy named Dave, but uh, no Mary," Dean said.

Sam fell back on the bed. "Maybe we just haven't found it yet," Sam said. "I also been searching for strange deaths in the area, you know . . . eyeball bleeding, that sort of thing. There's nothing. Whatever's happening here, maybe it just ain't Mary," Dean said. Then Sam's phone rang and he answered it. "Hello?" Sam asked.