Chapter 3

Blake woke up, only to be greeted by silence. Her eyes fluttered open revealing a dark room with all girls in their beds, asleep. Blake couldn't help but think of her brother, Leo. Does he remember her? Or has he also lost his memory much like everyone else she had met so far. Her eyes caught on a note beside her bed, she grabbed it and read it.

Meet me in the classroom.

There was no name, and no time, only a place. Despite her instincts, Blake put some shoes on and went to the same room as earlier in the day. The walk seemed like it took hours, her mind riddled with different possible scenarios. She stood outside the door, heart racing, wondering who had asked her to meet here. She was about to open the door when it was opened from the inside, in the doorway was an furious looking girl about Blake's age. Her blonde hair seemed to glow in the dim light. The girl shoved passed her, knocking Blake out the way, proceeding to storm down the hallway. Blake turned back to the classroom, whoever was in there had made her extremely angry. She saw the dull outline of a boy sitting in one of the chairs, hunched over, holding his head in his hands. Blake recognised the boy as the tall boy who had met with her in the same room earlier. Blake hesitated in the door not wanting to interrupt his thinking. Before she could turn around and walk away she heard him call her name. She turned around to face him, his face sullen and dull.

"Who are you?" her voice came as out loud, filling the suffocating silence. His face showed a small amount of hurt then it disappeared as quickly as it had come.

"Ethan Cooper," he said attempting to hide the slight hurt in his voice. The name sparked a something in her head, like what had happened with Leo, but this was not as strong, a memory didn't come with it. She knew the name, she could feel it.

"What do you remember?" his voice was soft and comforting, like he was trying to be gentle with her, she was a porcelain doll ready to smash. She studied him, deciding if she should tell him what she remembered. He seemed to notice her inner battle.

"If you want me to help you, I need to be told everything." He was trying to help her, she was taken aback by his statement. She didn't even remember him, why would he be helping her? She thought about the feeling she had when he said his name, it was one of recognition and familiarity.

"I don't remember very much," she answered after finishing her mental battle. She spent the next few minutes telling him about the memories she had had earlier in the food hall. His attention never strayed and his eyes were glued to her as she recounted her story in detail. His presence comforted her, made her feel safe and protected. A comfortable silence filled the air when Blake finished, he sat there absorbing the information she had just given him. Her violent storied didn't seem to surprise him, in fact, it seemed as if he already knew them.

"It sounds like how I first started off, when you see something, or hear something that is attached with a serious memory, it comes back to you," he explained, "Some people like Elvira, the girl you saw walking out of the room just before, their memories come back all at once." Blake nodded her head in understanding. She realised that both Ethan and Elvira had lost their memories just as she had.

"What is this place?" The question that had been gnawing at her thoughts since she had woken up here. He hesitated, unsure how to answer or maybe even if he should answer.

"It's hard to explain, I think it would be best for you to remember yourself." He looked at her like a mother would look to her child, with concern and delicacy. Blake didn't know him but she was beginning to fell like he was being too protective already.

"I think you should just tell me, it might help me remember everything else," Blake retorted, frustration clear in her voice. He stared at her, unwilling got back down from his decision. Letting a frustrated breath out he ruffled his hair and slumped forward slightly.