one; sugar banners

Offseason for the Patriots means that there's far less people than what you usually see here at the Patriot Place Cakes. As much as I love my job, the high demand in the fall drains the energy out of my body. As of now, we're only serving clients in Boston that are getting married since its wedding season. And not only wedding but wedding renewals and major birthday parties, which takes out our purpose in selling single slices. But hey, that means more money for me!

On this particular day, me and Ibelle, my co-worker, are working on a tedious cake that is supposed to be decorated with the words "Happy 24th Birthday, Olivia" in small decorative sugar banners. This particular cake was ordered by the one and only wide receiver Danny Amendola for his girlfriend Olivia Culpo. And because of that, Ibelle and I had to work extremely hard. We were barely on the second part of the tier and the cake had to be delivered by tonight. We weren't ready. The sugar banners were still in the process of being molded and cut to little triangles, but everything else was still all over the place.

Here's the thing with football players- they're good on the field and all, but when it comes to real life, they SUCK! Amendola ordered this cake last night to be delivered this evening. It got me very upset. Especially because of the stupid little sugar banners. it's hard to do them with the molding and cutting them into triangles and baking them to the perfect consistency- oh I'm so done!

"HELLO! IS MY CAKE READY? I AM ALREADY LATE!"

Fudge. Speaking of the devil, he was here to pick it up. THREE HOURS EARLIER.

"No, sir. Your sugar banners are still in the oven and so is the second tier of the cake. You will need to wait around three hours. You ordered it last night, and we made an exception since we value having time to make the cakes." I said calmly.

"What! I'm already late to Liv's party. I have the cake on my responsibility, I can't do this! I should have just gone to Walmart and bought a cheap cake there! I want my money back!" he demanded.

"Well, stuck up peasant, listen to me. You ordered this cake last night with very short notice and now we have to work our butts off to make a stupid cake for a stupid man like you. For your information, you can't get your beloved money back because yo ass hasn't paid for it yet!" Ibelle yelled.

"Ibelle! Control yourself! I am so sorry Mr. Amendola, if you give us half an hour we can have your cake done, just not fully decorated. Will you accept my apology and take the cake?"

"Whoa. You too are completely different people. Of course I'll take the cake. Sorry it's kinda my fault. What's your name, the one with the nice attitude? I already know that her name is Ibelle." he spat saying her name.

"Um, I'm Sophie. Nice to meet you. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go finish the cake, Mr. Amendola."

"Please, call me Danny."

"Gross. I'm leaving do finish your stupid cake, Dan." Ibelle said annoyed.

"Sorry about that, Danny. I'm sorry about her attitude. She's been acting kinda weird lately. So sorry about that! Your cake will be ready soon."

"Um, Sophie, will you come to the party? I want to make it up to you. You're very pretty, and there's a lot of single Patriots there! Please come," he pleaded.

I was taken aback, and I was blushing furiously. A few moments ago he was yelling and now he's inviting me to the party. Even though I'm currently taken, I'll disregard his comment about the 'single Patriots'.

"What time? My shift ends in an hour."

"Well, the party started a while ago, but they're just chilling right now. It's fine, I'll take you if you'd like."