six; four make a square

"This has been Sophie Campbell for the Boston Globe morning news, have a great day!" I said looking at the camera, while closing the local Boston morning news.

"Alright, that's a wrap!" Said Justin, the camera man. "Sophie, you are so good at doing this. For that reason, I heard Shana wants to speak to you in her office. You should go now, sweetie." He said. Justin was a great person that I can always count on. Almost like a fatherly figure to me.

"Thanks! You are so sweet, Justin. I'll be heading to her office then!" I said, giving him a thumbs up.

"Oh, Justin, by the way! Guess who's back?" I said excitedly.

"Jack's home?!" He exclaimed.

"Yes sir! He surprised me like at 9 last night, that's why no-sleep Sophie is here this morning." I laughed.

He laughed too, and waved goodbye as I headed out the door. Going to Shana's office was intimidating, but she was a very nice boss. Probably better than anyone I've ever been employed by.

I reached the door to her office, and took a deep breath.

"Good morning, Shana! I got told to come meet you here?"

"Hi, Sophie! Yes I did want to see you here, would you like a donut first?" She said, offering me a donut from the Dunkin Donuts box.

"Ooh, sure, thanks!" I said, grabbing a chocolate sprinkle donut.

"Okay, now that you're settled, I want to cover two things with you. First, congrats on today's show, it was great! Who am I kidding, any other day you do great! So, you deserve a raise. Ten bucks additional every hour? Sound good?"

I almost choked on my donut. 10 extra dollars?! That is way much more money on could ever imagine.

"Oh my gosh, that is so kind of you! Thank you so much! Wow!" I exclaimed, still shocked.

"Yep! Congratulations! Second thing- you'll be getting a co-host for the morning news now, you look kinda lonely out there you know?"

That shocked me a little, I was always afraid of getting a co-host. Not because the attention won't be mine much longer, but getting along with them and the scripts.

"Yeah, I do get kinda lonely," I lied, faking a smile.

"Great! Her name is Elena and she's starting tomorrow! She's a lovely girl- not as lovely as you, though." She said, placing her Nad in top of mine.

"Aww, thanks! I am excited to meet, Elena is her name?"

"Yes ma'am! She's sweet, but she can be a little... hm, what's the word... bossy?" She said, raising her eyebrows.

"I'm sure it's not anything I can't handle..." I chewed on my cheek.

"Well, good luck. I'll see you tomorrow, and great show!" She said, dismissing me from her office.

New co-worker? Lord knows how that's gonna go.

***

"Sophie! You're back! God, you were so good today on the news! I'm so happy and proud of you." Jack said as I walked into my apartment, grabbing me by the waist and kissing my lips.

"Thanks baby. Well, today Shana told me I'm getting a new co-host, and I don't know how I feel about that. She said Elena is bossy." I sighed, kissing him back.

"Elena is her name, huh? She does sound bossy. The name gave it away." He said, resting his hands on my hip.

"Oh well, I got a raise, though! Guess that calls for an epic celebration nap of 8 hours." I laughed.