Chapter 3

"Stop," said Scratch. He held up his right hand.

"Enemy barrier about two clicks ahead," said Dyre.

Sure enough, there was. A giant structure squeezed in right between a canyon. It almost looked like a dam holding nothing behind it. But the most terrifying thing about it was that every square inch of the structure was covered with large turbo laser batteries.

"This should be a challenge," said Ki-adi Mundi distractedly.

"How the heck are we gonna get past it!!!" Said Mortar, frustrated. So far, everyone was having a bad day.

"What's the game plan, sir?" I asked.

"Here's a ' game plan ' soldier. We can't fight these droids. There's too many. I'm afraid Delta Squad will have to get their own gunship," said Ki-adi Mundi, reaching for his commlink.

"No," I said.

"Excuse me?" Asked Ki-adi Mundi.

"Delta Squad has a more important mission than us. If they get those launch codes to that Seperatist Core Ship, we might be able to end this war right here and now.

"Our Brothers are dying right now. For a war that you Jedi might have been able to prevent-" Ki-adi was about to say something but i cut him off.

"If you think that today, we'll lose a lot of you Jedi and us Clones? Just wait until a FULL BLOWN WAR comes along. You'll regret it. But if we can make it past the barrier , we can get a gunship to assist Delta Squad. If you won't help us, I'll get across there even if you court martial me for doing so. So what do you say," I asked the Jedi.

Mortar clapped his hands. He said, "An inspiring speech by Republic Commando Snake Eyes. I'm with Snake."

"Me as well," said Dyre.

"I don't want to see my brothers die, sir. So I'm with Snake Eyes," said Scratch. He walked over beside me.

The Jedi remained silent.

"Very well. But I will report this to the Jedi Council," said the Jedi.

"Alright then men. Here's the plan."

We leaned in to listen to the Jedi's plan.

................................................

"Mortar is officially the craziest commando I've ever seen," said Dyre while blasting at the droids on the barrier.

The plan was that someone would run in front of the barrier, then the rest of the commandos took a detour to the barrier to get on the top of it. But that was so the droids wouldn't notice the Jedi sneak onto the barrier, and destroy the power generator, therefor deactivating the turrets.

Mortar was on the ground yelling at the droids, occasionally chucking a grenade at the droids.

"Snake Eyes, take up sniper position," commanded Scratch.

I pulled out DC-17 Sniper Rifle Attachment. I took cover behind a big rock that had fallen on the top of the barrier because of a grenade that Mortar had threw and knocked the rock down.

I aimed my rifle and shot a B2 Super Battle Droid. I didn't even scratch him.

"Stang!!! Watch out for the B2's, they got tough armor!!!" I shouted.

That Jedi better hurry up, I thought. A few more seconds and we're a fried gundark.

There came a scream from below us. No. No Mortar can't be dead. I looked down for a split-second. He was in fact screaming. But not out of pain, but out joy.

He was laughing his head off, blasting droids and chunking grenades at the droids, and generally having a good time.

I looked back up, and saw a large, metal, hand hurtling toward my face. I tried to duck but too late. WHAM!!!

I flew back about ten feet. The B2 droid was right on top of me.

Then Ki-adi leaped onto the top of the barrier, and sliced the B2 in half.

"Thanks sir ," I said while getting up.

"Don't mention it," replied the Jedi.

"Sir, the droids are calling for reinforcements, it's now or never sir," said Dyre.

"Very well then," said the Jedi. He plunged his Lightsaber into a power cell. Sparks were shooting. Electricity surged through the barrier, and the turbo-laser batteries exploded.

But it went too well. The explosions didn't stop. The barrier was catching fire.

"Everyone, jump! I can use the force to cushion our fall!" Shouted the Jedi.

Everyone started jumping off. Dyre was the last to go.

"C'mon, Snake," he said .

But all of the sudden, a Droideka came out of the barrier and started firing.

"Snake, go, I'll cover you!" Dyre shouted, firing back at the droid.

But I wouldn't let my friend die.

"Sorry Dyre!" I shouted. I kicked him off the barrier. I saw Ki-adi on the ground with Scratch, then Ki-adi looked up and saw Dyre falling. He raised his hands, and Dyre stopped in mid-air.

Yes, I thought. He made it.

I shot at the Droideka, and my blast made its mark. It's was only a matter of moments before the barrier exploded.

I looked down. I raised my hand in a salute to Scratch and the Jedi.

Then the barrier exploded, with me on it.

..................................,.........

(Ooh cliff hangar he he he he -,..,-)