Chapter 17

Somehow our meeting wasn't reported, I'd dreaded headlines like "Liam's mystery lover spotted pregnant and with Noel" but it didn't happen, maybe there was some small article somewhere that no one noticed.

The celebrity news journos obviously had bigger things to report with the award shows and stuff, the NME one had just been, the Brit Awards were coming up.

Our first time, me and Liam, when we got serious was the night of the last Brit Awards. I only meant to go to the afterparty for a while, just to see him again. If it wasn't for that night and all the nights that followed, we would have forgotten about each other and I wouldn't be in this mess.

I wished I could be there this time, the more I tried not to think about him, the more I missed him.

The twins started to like to kick when they heard music especially Jared's favourite bands and I found myself the broadcast of the Brit Awards, they were enjoying it more than I was.

"What are doing watching this?" Enzo asked when he walked in.

"I can't reach the remote." I stretched my arm towards the remote. "So I decided to work out why people like these bands so much."

He put the controller on my knee for me. "I brought you some flowers, lilies."

I looked up at him and saw the bunch of white lilies.

"That's it! Lilliana." The name jumped to mind as I admired the flowers.

"Leonidas and Lilliana, our beautiful twins." He nodded approvingly. "I'll find a vase for these and come and watch this crap with you."

He came back a few minutes later and sat, holding his hand on my belly while we watched the whole thing.

They kicked as Roll With It or something was played as Oasis made their way and he commented on it. "Where did you two learn this taste?"

"Their favourite uncle." I shrugged, not really thinking about it.

They just liked beats like that, it's not like they could know the singer could be their Dad, they didn't know him, they knew Enzo.

"Your brother wants his head testing liking them. Why would you win an award and then go on about another band like that?" he asked as Oasis were singing their version of Parklife.

"Well what would you do?" I asked but I wasn't listening for an answer.

I watched Liam move around on stage so carefree, so drunk. He had grown a beard and his hair was longer, it wasn't a good look, he looked homeless to me.

"How come it's just them two and the others are hidden at the back? Are they even the same group?" he observed.

He was right. Alan, Guigsy and Bonehead were just sort of stood around waiting to get back off the stage while Liam and Noel were making a show of it.

"He's the singer, he's the lead guitar, they're the "interesting" ones and that band probably couldn't cope with any more loud personalities." I pointed and explained.

...

While they were straight back to America, life carried on as normal, as if I didn't know them at all. Except for the fact that my friendship with Meg was still blossoming.

I didn't understand why she didn't tour with them, at least be there for some of the dates but she insisted she had to stay in London and work.

She got talking about how her and Noel got together. He was already going out with her flatmate when they met and he bed hopped pretty quickly, dumping her for Meg. All that time he was on his high horse with me when he was happy to treat his girlfriends like that.