Chapter 30

Once Peggy was out of hospital we spent a few days at home with her so they could be certain she was no longer ill and they had nothing to worry about.

"Mam, have ya seen Haileigh's ring?" Liam asked.

I rolled my eyes at the king of subtlety and held out my hand so she could see.

"Wow, what's he making up for with that?" She had a good look at it.

I was pretty sure she was pretending it was the first time she'd seen it for her baby boy's sake, it was unmissable to me.

"They're engaged." Noel muttered before either of us had chance to speak.

Liam shot him an angry look. "Y'ruin everything ya miserable cunt, how the fuck d'you even know? I've not done nothing Mam, we're getting married."

"He hasn't ruined anything." she insisted, practically telling him off. "I'm so happy for you, I knew it was only a matter of time."

"They've only been together five minutes, he's just fucking throwing rings around hoping one might stick."

"No I'm not! We're doing this."

"When?!"

"Christmas."

"Fuck off!" Noel laughed.

"Hey, stop it, you'll wake the babies! Y'don't have to get married right away, it's not a competition." she told them, seeing the slight panic on my face.

I had no intention of getting married before or at Christmas. I knew he'd only said it to prove Noel wrong but it just made me think about everything we'd have to plan for that day. It could not be done that soon.

"I am marrying her on Christmas day, just you wait." he pointed to me and insisted with absolute certainty.

I didn't say a word but I did get up to see to Poppy and Quinn.

"They look like they could do with some time out the house." she suggested.

I got the feeling she wasn't talking about the twins but we went for a walk to the park, Noel decided to stay so he could smoke a cigarette on the porch in peace.

...

Once the boys were satisfied their Mum wasn't gravely ill we went back to London. The rest of the band were back in the country with Bonehead going back to Manchester for Kate and their daughter.

"We going round your Mam's today?" Liam asked as soon as he'd woken me up.

He was up early with the babies, letting me sleep in a little until his excitement for the day got the better of him.

"What? Why do you want to go there?" I sat up and looked at him, thinking he was planning on leaving the twins with her for some reason.

"She needs to know she's got a wedding to go to."

"Oh my God, can you keep anything to yourself?" I complained.

He'd told his bandmates, anyone else who was interested and everyone who wasn't, already. He wouldn't shut up about it.

"Why would you want to keep the fact that I fucking love you a secret?" he asked, trying to sound hurt. "Shout it from the fucking rooftop."

"Alright, we'll go when she's home from work."

"We could invite them all over here, your Dad, your brothers..."

"No, not happening."

I didn't want the stress of having to entertain everyone (my family) at once, just to tell them I've got a new ring.

"You don't like telling people, that'd be like everyone at once. Job done."

I sighed, not knowing what to say. "I don't like that we can't keep something to ourselves for five minutes."

"You told Noel!"

"He saw the ring." I told him, suddenly remembered what Noel said. "Oh, who the fuck's Paul?"

"Our big bruv, why?"

"You hid a brother from me, you can't say anything about me keeping things from people now." I laid my head back on the pillow, threatening to go back to sleep, not that I would now I was awake.

"It's just fucking Paul, it's not like he's me evil twin locked in the loft." he smirked. "Get up, we've got shit to do."

By lunch he'd called Jared to come over, claiming a pipe had burst in the kitchen so he got to ours in record time, expecting an emergency situation.

"Sorry, I got it sorted meself but come in, mate." Liam lied as he let Jared in.

"I've got to get back if you don't need me, that bathroom won't fit itself."

"We do, he needs a word with you but before that we've got to tell you we're engaged." I told him quickly.

"Shotgun wedding?" he asked cheekily.

"No, think that ship's sailed." I shook my head.

"That's why you're together isn't it, for the kids?"

"No!"

He threw his arms around me for a moment. "I'm just messing. Can't believe you're marrying Liam Gallagher."

"I can't believe you've got a job and everything more."

"Whatever, what's up Liam?"

"What are you playing at? We're not on tour or owt now." Liam talked him through his proposition to make him a tour promotion guy.

Jared just said he'd think about it. I thought he'd jump at the chance, he would have before, no questions asked. He'd grown up and settled down into life as a plummer.

"You're definitely not up the spout again?"

"There are no new babies coming our way." I insisted as clear as I could. "The twins are still little babies."

"Right, I'm back to work then." he said and left.

Before long we'd told everyone there was to tell. I was underwhelmed by everyone's reactions, not one person was surprised but at least no one mentioned my previous marriage or his previous engagement. If anyone had their objections they kept them to themselves although Mum wasn't too enthusiastic but she just didn't like Liam all that much.

I tried to convince Liam to go to the twins' baby classes but he wouldn't, he didn't want the Mums staring at him, assuming he'd be the only bloke and for his celebrity, his reputation. I knew he wouldn't but I asked anyway, not that I minded since he was doing everything else he could as their Dad in his indefinite time off.

By October Noel had decided he couldn't sit around doing nothing anymore, except hosting the infamous Supernova Heights parties. Unfortunately for their American fan base, he was in no way willing to compensate for the tour he cut short but he did take the band back into the recording studio for their third album.

It was so sudden but they were using Abbey Road, being they were in London I thought Liam would be home a lot as he had been without the tour but I didn't see him at all the first week.

Author Note- Woo the big 3 0! I wrote most this listening to Scissor Sisters, yes I chose theScissor Sisters over What's the Story Morning Glory? B sides and Be Here Now, I say wrote, I mean chair danced. Yeah, feeling much better atm, must be those 5 goals against Fleetwood town.