Chapter 31

I got sick of him being absent when he was so close and when he was back after the first week all he did was complain.

"Recording's being a fucking nightmare."

"What do you mean?"

"Owen told us everything we've done is fucking awful, reckons we should scrap it. Noel reckons everything's going great even though he's got the nerve to say I can't sing, me!"

"Owen... the producer?" I guessed.

"Yeah, he's got it all wrong. It's gonna be epic as per usual and Noel, how fucking dare he tell me I can't sing?"

They went right back into recording, if Noel thought it was going good then they'd persevere. While they were busy in studio Liam gave me the go ahead to start planning our wedding since I didn't actually want to be stuck in some job away from our babies. He gave me free reign on it all but I didn't know what we wanted and I didn't know when he'd be free.

I had no idea where to start but it was fun taking the twins to churches for us to think it was the one and for them to tell me they couldn't marry me being I was a divorcee and there was the fact that we had children out of wedlock.

I called the studio hoping Liam was in some state to talk.

"Liam! Your missus." Noel shouted him, making no effort to talk to me.

"Look at you playing secretary." I commented but he didn't hear me.

"What? I'm getting vocals down, what you on about?" Liam answered.

"I meant him answering the phone. So it looks like getting married in a church isn't going to happen."

"Fine by me."

"I really wanted it to be perfect though. Our perfect day."

"Being in a church don't make nothing perfect, y'can have everything you want still."

"No beautifil church though, just a dull, grey building."

"Everyone's gonna be looking at you and me."

"Might as well not bother with anything but the paperwork, again."

"Don't matter as long as we're married at the end of the day. Look, I've gotta get off, I'm getting glares." He quickly hung up.

...

We hardly saw each other for the entire month, in fact I found it easier to keep up with my fiance's tabloid articles than to contact him. Liam invited me to the Q awards in November, it was in London and he wasn't taking no for an answer this time.

Mum took the twins for the night, it was an afternoon thing that Liam was sure would progress into a great night so I knew I could leave the band once the awards were over if I wanted. I got dressed up for the first time in forever, took ages doing my hair up and everything, it was rather private and select, I had to impress.

I'd seen supposed quotes in the papers from Liam and Noel, insisting the'd sit at different tables or they wouldn't go. I'd heard a lot about how strained their relationship was but that wasn't the Liam and Noel who attended the event. They really enjoyed it, they chatted and drank free beer.

There was loads of people there, over three hundred, including Patsy Kensit. She hung around our table and talked to Meg a lot while Noel and Liam kept disappearing off to talk to just about everyone. The rest of the band sat around the table with us.

I didn't mind Liam going off apart from when Patsy wasn't in sight either.

"We should go find people to chat to, too." Meg suggested.

Acquiesceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें