CHAPTER 8

Taking the delectable Lady Madison was going to be easier than he anticipated, Chadwick grinned inwardly, if the lady was this willing, why he could have her by the full moon.  He will have her just once, Chadwick determined.  Once was pleasure, twice was courting trouble.  Chadwick rejected what his mind and body was in agreement about that the Lady Madison was like no other mistress he had ever lain with.  She excited him.  She made his blood become thick with lust.  He wanted to rip the gown off her body and ravish her.

The day started of warm.  It was hot now.  The sun was beating down their backs, but Madison was loving every second of it.  A thin trickle of sweat formed and slid down her spine.  Madison brushed her sleeve across her forehead.  She lifted the pitcher from side of the saddle and drank a mouthful of water.  Raising her face up into the air, she allowed the cool gentle breeze to sweep over her burning face.  Her bonnet dropped of her head and bobbed about on her back.

‘Is everything in order my lady?’ Rankin smiled.  Wisps of her gleaming hair had escaped from her braids and blew over her face.  She looked delightful.

‘Yes my lord.  I am having a time of it.  The weather is just so beautiful, is it not?’ she laughed.

‘I agree, it is a perfect day to be riding,’ he smiled.  ‘Would you care for some lemonade?’ he handed her a flask.  From the outside she could not tell whether the liquid would be cold or warm.

‘Thank you,’ she smiled, accepting the flask.  Madison tipped the neck of the bottle into her mouth and found the drink, cool and delicious.  Her water had become warm.  The lemonade was most welcome.

‘Thank you, that was refreshing,’ Madison handed it back to Rankin.

‘I would like you to keep it my lady.  I have another,’ he smiled.

‘Thank you.  May I share it with Lady Sarah?’

‘Off course,’ Rankin smiled.  ‘Let’s catch up with them.  Madison and Rankin had been trotting.  Anthony and Sarah had been going a little faster, together with Rankin’s sister Tamara and her companion, Mr. Edward Burton.

‘Sarah!’ Madison called out.

Sarah stopped her horse and looked over her shoulder.  She waited until Madison caught up with her.

‘Have some lemonade?’ Madison offered with a smile.

‘Oh thank you,’ Sarah reached out for it.  ‘Would you care for some my lord?’ Sarah offered Anthony.

‘After you,’ he smiled into Sarah’s eyes making her blush.  Madison watched with interest and grinned.

‘There you go,’ Sarah handed Anthony the flask.  Anthony kept his eyes on Sarah.   He tilted the flask to his mouth and handed it back to Sarah.

‘Thank you,’ he smiled.

‘Thank you Madison,’ Sarah’s cheeks were flushed, not from the hot weather as she handed the flask back.

‘Let’s race to that waterfall,’ Madison pointed, but she was speeding off before the others were ready.

‘Hey, that is not fair!’ Anthony shouted.  He smacked Sarah’s horse and kicked his own horse into a gallop.  Madison laughed over her shoulder and just sprinted even faster.  When she looked over her shoulder Rankin was close on her heels, so was Anthony.  Tamara and Edward were very close behind, and Sarah was the very last to reach the waterfall.

‘That was cheating,’ Sarah exclaimed when she caught up with Madison.

‘Was it?  How is that cheating? ‘ Madison led her horse to drink some water.  ‘We were all on our horses.  I got here first fair and square.’