Ch. II

The day was a drag.

My first therapy session felt like a chore; Miss. Pierce tried so hard to try to get me to tell her about my private life, when really I didn’t want to tell her anything. I fiddled around by telling her my favorite movies and my favorite type of music. But apparently it was a chore for her as well and had enough of the constant poking to get me to open up because after an hour of telling her my favorite shows on TV Land, she lead me back to my room. I wanted to roam the halls, but I had to keep reminding myself I wasn’t here for vacation. This place wasn’t supposed to be fun. 

This was now my prison. 

Sitting on the edge of my bed as Miss. Pierce closed the door behind her and locked it, I let out a heavy sigh, kicking my shoes off before moving to lay back and looked up at the flickering light on the ceiling before turning to face the window.

I woke up from a nap that I had slipped into with someone poking me awake. I quickly throw my arm-a habit that I had picked up from over the years when Josh started to slip into bed with me. Hearing a yelp, I turn to look quickly, seeing Miss. Pierce had staggered back away from me. “Sorry to frighten you.” She said quickly, her blue eyes were widened, which looked rather creepy since her skin was pulled back so tight. 

I didn’t even apologize for almost bitch slapping her. Only sitting up and rubbing my eyes as I turn to put my feet on the floor. “What do you want?” I sounded grouchy, mainly because the dumb broad woke me up from the peaceful slumber.

Wincing, Miss. Pierce cleared her throat in attempt to ignore my tone. “I figured you would want to go outside before dinner. You slept this whole time?”

Rubbing my fingers through my hair to get the tangles out, I let my eyes close. “I needed me beauty rest.” I open my eyes and pushed myself up to stand, fixing my clothes and followed the woman out of my room. I eye the back of her head, then slowly looked down and watched her heels clicking against the hard white floor. I slow down for a second to try to match her steps, following her and watching her feet the entire time as we made our way to the doors. I didn’t even notice her stopping until I slapped into her, nearly knocking her onto her face. I step back, looking up at her and gave a weak smile before walking by her and head outside quickly. 

The scene hadn’t changed at all since I was last out here. I walk along the fence, allowing my fingers to run along it, making the metallic sounds filter the air as I continued to walk, inhaling the air. My blue eyes scanning the area, seeing men staring at me-either that or it was my mind messing with me. I do not like men staring at me, especially for a long time. I just wish they had kept the pigs away from the women.

“Hey!”

Jumping at the sudden voice, I quickly look and saw a blonde female skipping up to me. Arching an eyebrow, I slowly look up and down at her. She was about my age and height.  Her hair was long and looked so pretty to the point where I wanted to be a creep and reach over and touch it. 

But her voice had to go.

“Uh. Hi.” I simply state before turning to keep walking, hoping she could take a hint.

But no. Of course not.

“You’re new, right?” The girl followed.

I peak over to her, seeing her attention was fully on me. “Yes, I’m new.”

“Name’s Rachel! What’s yours?”

“Ari.”

“That’s a really pretty name, Ari. Never heard of it-”

I stop walking and I turn to look at her, watching as she rambled on about stuff I have no idea what she was saying. To be honest, she looked like a typical teenager that just stumbled into this madhouse. I watch her lips constantly move, trying to decide if I should just tell her I honestly did not give damn. Huffing, I turn and looked over on the other side of the fence, scanning the people and watching as some guys were talking in a corner smoking cigarettes. But then something caught my eye.