Ch. XIII

And she did. I wasn’t allowed to go near him. When I would go outside, Miss. Pierce would stand by and watch. I tore at my arms more than usual and I hardly slept. When I did his masked face haunted me. I wanted him to break into my room and help me out of this Hell. I knew it wouldn’t happen.

Not yet anyway. 

I knew now I was going to have to work hard to get that file. Get it and find a way to give it to Michael in hopes he can get out and at least help me out as well. 

I rather be homeless than be in here.

Miss. Pierce had a one-on-one tutor for me so I could still get some education. 

But what was the point? It’s not like I was going to be able to use this stuff to go to college or get some high paying job. I wasn’t going to be able to have a normal life. If I ever broke out of here, I would be a run-away. 

Therapy sessions were awful as well.  Miss. Pierce made me talk and explain how I felt that I couldn’t speak to Michael. I told her the truth. That I missed him. She tried to convince me that he didn’t miss me. I admit it did hurt to hear that. Did he miss me? Or did he not care? I tried telling myself he probably did, but the more Miss. Pierce kept trying to brain wash me, the more it was impossible.

But I had a promise to keep.

I walked the halls quietly. I could see some of the patient’s doors were decorated with Halloween stuff. Mine was blank because I just didn’t feel like decorating. I could feel my energy drained because I had just left the nurse’s office after taking my medication. They seemed to upped my dosage and I could feel myself wanting to curl up and go to sleep before dinner.

I turned a corner, but stopped when I saw someone walking the hall away from me. I tilted my head, seeing the orange robe. I looked and saw a bloody trail and my eyes widened as I followed it to her. “Sabrina?” I called to her, and she turned to me. I let out a loud gasp, covering my mouth. She stood there with tears running down her face and the front area of her clothes were drenched in blood. “What- What happened?” I hurried to her and tried to avoid stepping in the blood.

She sniffled as her face was covered in tears, and her nose was running. Her hair was knotted up like she had gotten into a fight. “H-Help me...” She whimpered. “T-Take me to the nurse.” 

I quickly nodded, moving to help her stand up and carefully walked with her. The blood stained my white clothes as I held her close. “What happened?”

She looked at me. “Those guards...” She whimpered. “Th-They a-attacked me.” 

My eyes widened. 

That night when I saw that guard leaving that room...were the guards taking advantage of the women in here? The thought made my stomach turn. “We have to tell the-”

“N-No. We can’t.” She sniffed. “They said if I told anyone that they will kill me.”

I made her look at me. “You have to tell them. They won’t stop with you.” 

“I don’t care what they do to the others!!” She screamed in my face so loud that I could feel her spit hitting me. “Just get me to the nurse!” 

I didn’t say anything, just helped her to the nurses where they hurried to get her into a bed and helped her. I just watched with wide eyes, moving to move a hair from my face, only to get blood on my cheek. The nurses hurried to spread Sabrina’s legs, asking her what happened. “

“I-I fell” She lied. 

It killed me to hear the lie. But I said nothing and watched them work on her, poking and feeling around on her stomach. “I’m not finding a heart rate.” The woman said out loud. She looked up at me. “You’re going to have to leave.” She told me and moved to hurry me out the door. I didn’t want to leave, but the woman kept pushing me and finally I was out in the hall. I stared at the door in disbelief. Did she loose the baby?