Salvation

It all happened so quickly. My waking up in in the plane, and seeing no sign of Lucas. Traveling to the East along the beach until dark, and stumbling upon the TimeX camp.

My father had warned me about this camp, saying that I was fated to stumble upon it and save a select person who'd help me.

"Use your powers of teleportation and time-stopping to achieve your goal. But you must remember to rest after each jump, or you'll die from exhaustion."

One select person he said, very helpful Dad. I guessed that when the time came I would just know who this  "select" person was.

Surveying the camp was easy thanks to the big and very ominous bonfire. Since it wouldn't be easy to just grab this special person, I would have to figure out how to freeze time.

And then, I saw her, ( not the girl of my dreams, sorry ladies, this isn't a soap opera) the "select" person. For some reason, all of the teens had a blue aura around them, this girl had the biggest aura of them all.

At least I had a goal now, figuring out how to how to stop time so that I could achieve that goal was the issue. While I plotted my next move, a helicopter made its way to the camp, it had a TimeX signature on the side, no surprises there.

Big pale guy glorying over the 20 kidnapped teens, unpleasant surprise. By explaining the uniqueness of this generation of teens, I understood why I could see the blue auras. Apparently because I am the Time Guardian's son, I was able to spot time travelers and the like.

Now, I wished that I could save more than one person, but I think I only have the strength to teleport with one person. But even when I'm just teleporting myself, I'm usually bleeding somewhere, or have cracked bones. Perhaps the distance of travel taxed my body, or, it's still getting used to teleportation. Hopefully, nothing would happen to this girl when we teleport.

 And then, I knew what I needed to do. Closing my eyes, I focused on the power I'd unconsciously used to teleport.

Then I stepped forward while the guy was asking an insane question, I answered it not thinking about what I said while throwing my hood back.

Stopping time is as hard and complex as it sounds. Imagine you're on the very top of a rollercoaster about to go down that hill, the world is frozen, and you feel weightless. Now, couple that with seeing the world flash blue, that's what stopping time is like.

The bald-headed guy was staring at me with a cold look, the soldiers had their rifles raised to shoot, all of them seemed to be frozen. I dashed over to the girl who seemed to have passed out, and just as I was clamping my hand over her arm, while tapping into the teleporting power a shot went off, and I felt a hot pain in my side, then darkness.