3; games

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE.

With the first task of the Tri-Wizard tournament the school was a buzz with contagious excitement. Even Avena seemed to have caught the bug as she hummed walking down the corridor her 'Potter Sucks' badge glinted with magic. The fact Malfoy had made the badge originally put her off but her hate for Potter was also strong and first years didn't put up much of a fight. The whole school seemed to have turned against Potter, each and everyone adamant that he had someone charmed his way into it. Avena couldn't care less, the fact everyone disliked him at the moment was good enough for her. It seemed good enough for her whole house.

And as for the annoying git that was Draco Malfoy, Avena had devoted many hours of thought and preparation into how to get him back. Word had gotten around instantly that Cedric had asked her out and when an angry Draco had confronted and berated her about who was she but to tell the truth. The had caused a small little ripple of anger from some fifth year Ravenclaws who seemed to have it in their heads that Cho Chang and him were better suited. Regardless the fact that it pissed him off so much had led Avena to come to the conclusion of an idea she was very proud of. Whilst it was the world's most genius plan the outcome would still be the same. A jealous, angry Malfoy and dating Cedric Diggory would surely do that.

"Take the badge off Avena,"

Cedric Diggory was standing in front of her, his house scarf fluttering in the wind as his friends stood behind him. She tilted her head admiring the tall young man in front of her. His features were chiseled and his dark hair was messed up from the wind whist his bright grey eyes looked into hers intently. He gave a huff when she didn't respond and ripped the badge off her coat.

"Now that isn't the way to treat a lady," she replied sending a charming smile in the direction of his friends, something that caused numerous blushes.

"And thats not the way to treat a fellow student," Once again he proved himself to be every ounce the Hufflepuff people claimed he was. "I mean what has he ever done to you,"

The statement caused her to suck in a breath ready to defend her beliefs. Apparently disliking the Boy Who Lived was a might unforgivable offence. "He's a stuck up prat who gets away with everything because his parents were killed by You-Know-Who, last time I checked there were dozens in this school but do they get any special treatment? No,"

"You done?" Cedric asked amused.

"Maybe," she huffed crossing her arms mocking his stance. His eyes were smiling as the darted along her features stopping ever so slightly on her lips. Most likely remembering their first encounter. The thought made a light blush tinge her features. Liking with the biting cold shrouding them she had something else to blame that wasn't the boy standing in front of her. "We still on for this afternoon?" She asked. It must have been a sight, the small girl in Slytherin robes and the taller school champion dressed in the bright yellows of Hufflepuff. Two houses that couldn't have been more different if they tried. "I'd assume so unless you've got a better offer," Cedric chuckled lightly but there was a slight edge of worry in his tone.