I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter18)

Happy Thanksgiving! x

*

(Chapter18)

Jayleen's POV

"Jayleen, you cannot be serious," Kendall exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. I sighed and sat down. I turned to look at Devin who just starred at me, not knowing what to say. Vivian sat across me nodding with my decision.

"I just wanted to tell you guys what I'm doing. First I need to talk to my father... Which I'm not going to like since I barely even talk to him," I said and fell back against my pillow. I sighed. My dad, the one who I would always look up to, I loved him so much, but ever since he found out I wanted to become a nurse and not a lawyer like him. Everything changed. Every once in a while, I would go visit him for a holiday, but we barely even talked. Sometimes I really miss him, but he had to respect my decision.

He doesn't think being a nurse is a good job. I loved my job, it was good pay too. I know, being a lawyer, would have made a lot of money. I wouldn't have been happy though. Though I like helping people, being a nurse is another way I like to help people more. I was always interested in medicine. My father didn't help pay for school, so I had multiple jobs, financial aid, and the help of my loving brother. Jayden. Damn. I was going to have to call him and explain what's going to happen.

"Devin, tell her she's being ridiculous!" Kendall said, he looked at me with his eyes filled with sadness and anger. I motioned him to come sit next to me and he did. Devin was looking at Vivian whispering something to her.

"Kendall. I need to get away from here," I said, rubbing my hand on his arm, "being near here where Ayden is, isn't good. He's getting married and I can't be his mistress and ruin his wedding," I finished off, looking at my hands.

"I need a new beginning. I need to live where I use to be so happy, maybe that will get me better. I'll soon forget about Ayden and start my own family," I said, not believing myself. It seem impossible that I will ever forget him. Too hard. I love him so much.

"Jayleen, you're leaving here because of him. That's not right! He shouldn't make you run away. You should stay here. You can't go back to Michigan, it will bring bad memories and you don't get along with your dad," he said, trying to persuade me.

I noticed Devin and Vivian started hearing our conversation too and I groaned and threw my head into my lap.

"I'm going to have to face my father anyways. Maybe things will finally become better than it is. I just need to stay at his house until I find myself an apartment and job. I'm sure I won't have a problem with that."

Kendall groaned and crossed her arms.

"Kendall, it's not like I'm leaving right away. I still need to box my things. I need to find a storage area where I use to live so I could put my things there until I find myself a place! I'll find my new apartment less than a week, I guarantee you," I said. I had plenty of money to find myself a place. To pay for all my expenses that I'm going to have to use in the next few weeks.

Apartment. One-way airplane ticket. Truck drivers to take my things. Things like that. I have more than enough. Nobody really knows I have over 20k saved in the bank.

"This is bull, Jay. He's making you leave. Leave your friends. Leave me," he snapped, hurt in his eyes. I felt my heart break a little. He grabbed his jacket and left, slamming the door. I could feel the tears coming in my eyes. Oh Kendall…

"Jayleen, he's just hurt," Devin said, finally speaking. I wiped the tear away, nodding. I heard Devin whisper to Vivian that he wanted to speak alone with me. She agreed.

"I'll come see you tomorrow. I'll help you pack your things," she whispered and hugged. I could feel the tears coming more. I am leaving my friends. My only friends that been loyal to me so far.

"See ya, Viv," I croaked. She looked sad and left. Devin just stood there, looking at me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. He looked sad, hurt, anger, all sorts of things.

"I know, Devin. What I'm doing is completely stupid, but I just can't be here anymore!" I said, anger in my voice. I stood up, not knowing what to do anymore. He sighed and went to me, and gave me a tight hug. Right when I was in his arms, I burst into tears.

Devin is probably the only friend, even pass Kendall and Vivian, that I will miss the most. He is like a brother to me. He helped since the beginning and still with me now. Just because it seems like I hang out with Kendall more, Devin will always be my number one friend. I love Kendall, but something with Devin made everything different.

I cried into his chest and I could feel his hand rubbing my back. I looked up at him, his eyes were glassy.

"It's okay, Jayleen. I understand why you're leaving. You can't be here because Ayden is with Piper. You don't want him to cheat on her, because overall you know she doesn't deserve this," he said frowning. I nodded, wiping my eyes with the back of my hands.

"Michigan is not so far from here. Just a couple of hours in the plane. We could always go visit you. You can come here and visit us, sometimes," he whispered. I nodded fiercely. I'm sure if I come here, I would want to see Ayden, but I will make myself not to go to his condo and see him. I have to be strong.

"You can trust me with anything, you know that right Jay? It doesn't matter that Ayden is my brother," he said, looking at me if I understood what he was saying.
"You can trust me that I'm not going to tell Ayden where you're going too. I'm sure he's going to question us. Vivian won't tell him. I'm positive Ayden won't want to contact Kendall to ask him where you are," he said, frowning. I could tell he didn't want to do this for his brother. Ugh, I'm ruining so many things!

"I'll be out of here soon enough. Ayden will forget about his little crush on me," I said and snorted. He has a beautiful, gorgeous blonde fiancé! He has to forget about me in an instant! It's me, that's going to have trouble forgetting him. I have to be positive though.

Devin sighed and sat down, taking me with him. "How long do you think you'll be out of here?"

"I need to talk to my dad first. Then I need to get some sleep and go buy some cardboard boxes at the warehouse. I'm starting right away," I said.

"Alright Jayleen, I'll be here around 6 to help you pack up, is that alright?" he asked looking at me.

"That's fine. I'll leave for work around midnight today anyways," I said. Devin gave me one more tight hug, kissed my forehead and left.

My heart started beating rapidly, I needed to call my dad. Should I wait after I wake up? No, no. I needed to get this over with. I went into my room and took my phone out of my bag. I need to get a new number too, one Ayden won't know.

I took a big gulp and dialed my dad's number. A part of my prayed that he wouldn't answer, but on the second ring he did.

"Hello?" he answered, in his superior voice he always had. My dad lives alone in a big two story house. He has someone to come clean and do things for him twice a week. I'm sure my room is still how I left it. Well, maybe not.

"Umm, dad, it's me, Jayleen," I said, trying to sound confident.
"Jayleen?" he asked, surprised. Last time I talked to him was a long time ago, since July I think, and it's going to be Christmas now. I always want to call him, just to see how he's doing, but I know he wouldn't like it. That's why every time I talk to my brother, I ask him how he's doing because they do talk more. Since Jayden has a babygirl, dad loves her.

"Yeah it's me. Listen dad, I just wanted to say, that I'm coming back home," I whispered, not knowing to explain myself to him. He stayed silent for a couple of seconds.

"Why?" he asked.

"I'm having some problems here with people. Maybe I could explain them to you when I get there," I said, my voice cracking. My heart rate was going up, I took a deep breathe, trying to control myself.

"What else did you want to ask me?" he asked, sounding strict. I could feel my heart dropping.

"I was wondering if I could stay in my old room for at least a couple of days until I find an apartment for myself…."

He didn't say anything, but just stayed silent.

"That's fine, I suppose. When are you planning to come?" he asked. I felt myself go happy and bit my lip trying to hide my smile, even though I was alone.

"I need to start packing things up today, and set up some truck to take my furniture over there. I'll be driving too," I said. I totally forgot about my car, so I was going to have to drive there. I guess that's fine…

"It's set up then. Call me when you're on your way," he said.
"Yes, dad. Thank you very much!"
"Goodbye Jayleen," he said and hung up. I sighed and smiled to myself. Maybe my dad has begun to change his feelings about my career.

I put my phone away and went to sleep. Sadness coming back.

I woke up around 3, I was still tired. I noticed I had a couple of miss calls from Ayden. I had a huge urge to call him, just to hear his voice. I wouldn't though. I needed to be strong. Strong. Needed to move on.

I took a shower and went to my phone carrier's place. I changed my number and texted only the people that I want them to have. I went to the warehouse and box so many boxes, that I had to make a double trip. I was sad, but I started packing, but then my brother popped into my head. I wasn't so nervous to talk to him like I was to talk to dadm because I'm sure Jay would ask me a lot more questions.

I ringed him.

"Hello? Jayleen?" he answered. I smiled.
"Yah, it's me Jay," I said.
"Jay! Why haven't you called me?" he demanded.

"Sorry Jay, I've been busy. I need to tell you something…" I just needed to get this over with.

"What is it?" he asked, I could already detect the worry in his voice.

"I'm moving back to Michigan," I rushed out.
"What the hell? Jayleen are you serious? Why?!" he yelled. I could hear Mary, his wife, ask him what was going on. I sighed.

"Jayden, I'm having problems here.."
"What kind of problems?!"
"Problems I don't want to talk about or even think about!" I exclaimed, a sob coming out of my mouth.

"Jayleen, what happened? Who hurt you?" he demanded.
"Jayden, I'll tell you everything later on. I'm just calling to tell you that I'm moving with dad for a couple of days until I can find my own apartment."

"Dad? You called dad already? And he agreed?"
"Yes. I just wanted to call and tell you what's going to happen. Please don't worry alright? Everything's fine. Tell Mary I said hello and give a kiss to Angie from me," I told him.

He started talking to me in French, saying that he will visit me when I get to Michigan. He didn't want Mary to know just yet.

We hung up and I went outside to take some breathes of air. Then I started packing. Kendall came right after work. He didn't talk to me much, he just helped me. It hurt me. Telling me, that I was leaving him, exposed him to have feelings for me. Why did I have to create so many problems? I just needed to let things go! But, no. I couldn't let Ayden go.  Now I'm going to.

By the end of the night, Kendall, Devin and I, had a lot of boxes stacked on the side of the living room. I started getting paranoid, feeling like Ayden was going to pop up here any minute.

I went to work, everything went well, I went to talk to my boss about having to resign to my job, which I loved. He was shocked, he didn't want me to leave. Then he made my night even better. I told him where I was leaving too, and he said he knows a hospital in the town where I would be living in. He was going to call them and recommend me! I was utterly grateful. Things are getting better.

I have work for the rest of week and then I'm done. I have Saturday and Sunday to finish doing what I need to do and leave to Michigan Sunday night.

I got home from work, started packing some boxes since I just wanted to get things over with. I went online and searched the placed where I could pay truckers to take my furniture to where I want them too. Perfect. I was going to need 3 trucks in total. With all the furniture and boxes. It was pricy, but I paid it.

I went to sleep and there was a knock on the door. I looked at the clock and it was 3. I groaned. Kendall said he was going to be here at 5. I out some shorts and a shirt and went to the door. I looked through the peephole and it was Ayden.

Oh my god! What am I going to do? I can't let him in because he'll see all the boxes! I needed to get this over with. I need to do this. I put my shoes and opened the door and went outside and closed it quickly.

"What?" I asked, looking into his beautiful green eyes I have missed in the past couple of days. Realizing that today will probably be the last time I ever see them, broke my heart.

"Why haven't you talked to me?" he whispered, looking right into my eyes. I feel like I'm going to crack. I felt like I was going to start sobbing like crazy, telling him I love him so much. But… I have to go.

"There's nothing to talk about," I said, trying to sound strong. He frowned.
"Jayleen, I'm sorry for yelling at you the other day," he said, raising his hand to caress my cheek. I turned away from him before I sinked into his touch.

"Ayden, we're done," I whispered, not bearing to look at him. I felt him behind me. Even though we weren't really together, but we every time we were together, was like we were a couple. I had to break it.

"What? Jayleen, no!" he exclaimed, grabbing me from the shoulders spinning me around to face him. I could do this… I took a deep breathe and looked into his eyes.

"Ayden, it's done. Don't come back. The time we spent together was great, but it's done. If I had a chance to stop it from happening, I would of. You have Piper, and soon I'll probably find myself someone," I told him. His face crumpled up with pain.

"Jayleen, no… we could work something out," he pleaded, trying to hug me. I pushed him away.

"No, Ayden," I whispered, then looked at him, "I sincerely hope that you're going to be happy with Piper. You're lucky you have someone that loves you like that." 

"I'm happy with you, Jayleen," he demanded.
"No. Just stop. It's not going to work. As I said, I wish you the best in your wedding," I said. I kissed his cheek and backed off.

"Don't do this," he said. I didn't answer him, I was walking back to my door, but he grabbed me by the arm and pushed me to him.

"Ayden! Just stop! I don't want anything to do with you anymore!" I exclaimed, feeling tears creating.
"I don't believe you, Jayleen! You want to be with me!" he exclaimed, desperate.
"No I don't!"

"I don't believe you!" he shouted at me, his eyes in full pain. He feels pain now, but he will be grateful that I'm leaving. He'll forget about me..

"Well you should! Now please leave! We have nothing to talk about anymore! … Don't come back!" I said, looking at him one more time before I walked into my door and slammed it closed.

I sat down and started crying again. He didn't want to leave me. He think he likes me, but it's not true! He just woke up from the coma and is having mix feelings. I'm sure all the love he had for Piper will come back to him.

All I wanted right now was too go run after him and kiss him. I looked out my window and saw him get into his car. His face was miserable. I let out a sob and watched as he left.

It took me forever to calm myself down. The tears wouldn't stop coming down and down. I felt so broken.

I took a shower and started packing again. Someone knocked and I knew it was Kendall this time. He was standing outside with a sad expression.

"Hey Kendall," I said and hugged him. He smiled.
"Seems like you're almost done," he said looking around the apartment.

"Yah, just the furniture is left. The trucks are coming Sunday to load all the things in," I said. All the small things were in boxes, most of my clothes was packed, I just left out some that I was going to need when I get to Michigan.

"Sunday? When are you leaving?"
"Sunday night," I whispered.
"You can't be serious, Jayleen. That's in 3 days!" he exclaimed.
"The sooner the better, Kendall. You don't know how much I want to leave from here!"

"It's all his fucking fault," he growled.
"No! It's my fault for being with him, knowing he was with someone!"

He clenched jaw and didn't respond. I sighed and began to finish packing.

Devin called and apologized that he couldn't come see me because he had a meeting to attend too. Vivian came though.

"You never know, Jayleen, maybe you'll find someone over there," she said, trying to make me feel better. I agreed with her knowing it wasn't true.
"I have an idea! Since tonight's your last day at work, maybe we could go to the Spa Resort tomorrow and come back Saturday afternoon," she asked, trying to sound enthusiastic. I frowned.

"Thanks, but no. I'll be fine." I smiled at her, thanking her for trying to make me feel better.

Tonight at work was sad. Monica heard I was leaving and tried to apologize what she did to me. I shrugged and nodded, I couldn't care less about that anymore. Doctor Davis gave me a tight hugged and wished me well. He had made an appointment for me to be interviewed. I thanked him a million of times and left.

I went to drink one last coffee at the cafe I would always go to. I went to the mall and bought some little things I thought I would need.

"Please don't leave, Jaylie," Kendall pleaded at me, Sunday night. He had my hands against his chest, looking down at me with sad eyes. I could feel tears coming again. Devin and Vivian were down at the car waiting for me. Kendall asked me to talk to him in here.

"I got to Kendall," I whispered.
"Jayleen, please? You don't deserve leaving here because of him. You could try something new…. You could try being with me," he said, his voice breaking. My tears flowed and I wiped them away.

"Kendall, I'm so sorry. I'm sure if I wouldn't have met Ayden, I'd be with you right now, but that didn't happen. Things went different," I said, putting my hand on his cheek.

"You'll find someone who would love being with you, Kendall. Right now, I don't want to be with anyone…." Just Ayden.

He shook his head disagreeing with me.

"Cheer up, Kendall! This is not the last time you'll see me!" I said, trying to sound happy.
"That doesn't matter. You belong here in New York, not in Michigan," he said.

"I can't be here anymore, please understand," I said and walked down to my car. The trucks were already filled with my things and scheduled to leave tomorrow morning. It was about 10 pm right now, and I had plenty of sleep today. I'll be driving 21 hours to get to Michigan. I printed out the direction and put them on my phone.

"Okay guys, away I go," I said standing in front of Devin and Vivian, Kendall walking behind me, with his hands in his pockets.

"Good luck, Jayleen," Vivian said and hugged me. Devin looked at me and opened his arms. I rushed into them and gave him the tightest hug ever. He hugged me back super tight.

"Call me when you get there. Call me if anything. I don't care about the time. If you need me to be there, I'll catch the first plane there," he whispered against my neck.

"Of course. I'm sure I'll be fine," I assured him.

"Good luck, I love you," he said with a smiled and pulled back.
"Love you too, Devin."

I turned to Kendall, who was trying to avoid looking at me. I hugged him tight, he hesitated, but gave me a tighter hug than Devin.

"Becareful, alright?" he said, sternly. I nodded and pulled away. I smiled at the three of them and went into my car and turned it on.

I looked out my window to look at them.

"See you guys soon!" And started driving. I looked at my mirror and saw them looking at me. I looked at them until I couldn't any longer.

I took out my phone and dialed my father.

"Hello?"
"Hi dad, I'm on way," I said, as I started to leave New York behind me.

*

Hey guys! Sorrrrry for the wait :(

Thanks to all my new followers, btw! :D

I got to say this is my favorite chapter so far, lolol. I enjoyed writing it for some reason!

Thanks for reading! I started to edit it, but didn't finish because I got tired, LOL.

Hopefully it's a little longer c;

Vote & comment please! :)

follow me on tumblr, normaiscool.tumblr.com! :-]