I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter22)

Jayleen's POV

"Kyler, please, I'm working!" I yelled-whispered into the phone. I was in the restroom and Kyler kept calling to check up on me. It was getting really irritating.

"Jaybear, I think you should ask for the day off. You had a fever yesterday," Kyler said worried. I groaned. I felt slightly bad, but it's normal for me to get sick once in a while.

"Kyler, I'm staying. I'll call you when I'm off work and you can come over," I told him and hung up. 

Kyler is more a friend to me than anything. Sometimes I get really big urges just to kiss him but it's for the best not too. I'm still in love with Ayden and it's not going anywhere. I've missed Ayden. Sometimes when I'm talking to Devin and Ayden enters his office. His voice just makes me cry. Makes me want to shout out and tell him it's me.

If he wasn't getting married, than I would. I would drive back to New York and beg him to take me back. 

It's been a month since I've worked in this hospital. I've made some friends, but one close one. His name is Jessy and he welcomed me with open arms when I got first got here. It feels nice when I'm greeted every morning with a sincere smile. 

My back started aching more than usual as I finished making rounds in the ICU. I sat down and I tried to pat my own back but then I felt another set of hands.

"You need a back rub?" I turned and saw face to face at a male nurse.

"Hi Jessy, and please can you?" I asked and he started rubbing my back and it felt great. Then the red button flashed. I groaned and stood up. 

"Thanks a lot, Jessy. My backs killing me!" I said and chuckled and went to check on my patient. 

The day did not get any better. I went to the cafeteria to eat at noon with Jessy.

"I think you should take the rest of the day off, Jay. Kyler even texted me check how you are," Jessy said and I rolled my eyes.

"He never stops bug–––" I couldn't finish what I was saying because I stood up and ran to the nearest restroom. 

I went to a restroom stall and started throwing up. I felt Jessy's hands pull my hair back. 

"Oh my goodness," I said and moaned and stood up. Why the hell am I throwing up?

"Let's go to talk to Melissa, she'll let you go home. I'll take care of your patients for you," Jessy said as we walked out of the ladies room. 

"Jessy wait," I whispered and stood there for a second.

"Jayleen, you're freaking me out," I heard Jessy say but I ignored him.

Aching back, my boobs are sore. Sickness! I'm a goddam nurse and couldn't even realize this sooner!

"OH MY GOD!!" I shouted and sat down. Then the tears started to come.

"JAYLEEN! What's wrong?!" Jessy asked me. 

"I'm pregnant!" I croaked after a long silence and I burst into tears.

I'm pregnant with Ayden's baby! 

I put my hands on my stomach and cried even more.

Ayden's POV

"Alright, I'll be there in fifteen," I told Piper and hung up. Today she wanted me to go choose some decor for the wedding. I've been trying to fall in love with her all over again and it doesn't work.

I've taken her to dinner, plays; like we use too. I've stayed with her more nights but nothing. I don't love her. I would only like to have her as a friend.