Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Sometimes I seriously thought that I was magic. From the way I could make every head turn and do a double take of me (assuming I looked presentable and/or did something loud and slightly embarrassing to gain the attention, of course), to right now as I said three small worlds, and muteness washed over the people around me. If it wasn’t magic, then it was some super power or something. Man, was I incredible!

      “You two… are going out?” Logan was the first to speak.

      “Isn’t that what I just said?” I asked, as if it wasn’t a big deal, because, honestly, it really wasn’t that big of a deal.

Mia’s POV

That whorebag! She was such a little slut! First, she crashed our party, and then she brought a boy who claimed to be her boyfriend, all while having every other boy on the freaking planet drooling over her? She just wanted attention! That was it! Logan looked like a sad puppy when the word ‘boyfriend’ fell out of her mouth. Well, Logan, hate to inform you, but Julia Tylers will NEVER go out with you. She was Julia Freaking Tylers, for F-ing out loud!

      When we were in seventh grade, I heard she hooked up with at least ten freshmen, if not more, and one sophomore! This girl was, and always would be a slut. One of the worst parts was that she wasn’t  even that pretty! Even when she was supposedly “going out” with Mason, she was obviously cheating on him! Besides, Mason would never really date anyone as repulsive as her. Oh, and her whole story about being a virgin? Seriously? Did she really think we were that dumb?

      The boy who she came with was pretty hot, I’d give him that, but that was just another reason Julia didn’t deserve him! She needed someone as hideous on the outside as she was on the inside—not this blonde Californian Ken look alike! Ugh! It just wasn’t fair!

      “You know what, I think that’s great!” I said, adding a hint of undetectable sarcasm to my voice. From the corner of my eye I saw the edge of Julia’s mouth turn into a half smile, as she raised her brow, doubtful of my comment. I’d give her some credit, being able to distinguish subtle nods of sarcasm was definitely a good trait to have.

      “Let’s get back to the game!” Kim suggested. Kim seriously needed to shut up. Since when were she and Logan that close? Like, actually? She had better just be joking around. I practically wanted to strangle her the minute she sat on his lap. Sure I loved Kim and all, but it was so infuriating to have her all over Logan!

      “Yeah, so, um, how about Logan!” Izzy said, nudging me at the mention of his name.

      “What? Sure,” he said, brushing his bangs off his forehead. It was one of his habits that I just found too adorable.

      “Okay, who would you fuck?” Chase asked. Oh, and there there was the whole issue of Chase. What was up with him? Lately, he had actually been talking to us, and all because of that bitch—Julia. I was happy with our small group of five, but, no, Izzy had to let Julia in and ruin everything. I loved Izzy, but sometimes she didn’t have the best judgment.

      “Tiffany Banters,” Logan said with a smirk. Really, Logan? She was a junior. Another slut, but at least she was pretty, nice, and acknowledged the fact that she was a slut.

      “Kill?” Owen asked.

      “Katrina Selby,” he said, surprisingly calmly. Katrina. Wow. We hadn’t talked about her in while. Logan always lost his calm exposition, and got nervous when we brought her up. They were dating for, like, six months, and then Logan found out she was cheating on him. Seeing them together every day felt like my heart was being mashed into a million pieces, but I knew that eventually their relationship would end, and then the two of us would have a chance. Honestly, who would ever want to break Logan’s heart? He was such a sweet guy …most of the time.