Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

      I looked straight at him, not blinking, a blank expression spread throughout my face. I could do this all day. He had no idea what he was in for. He stared back at me, also not blinking. After about a minute he forfeited, and let his eyelids droop. I win!

      “Ms. Tylers is there a problem?” he asked, uninterested.

      “Yes, actually, there is,” I said.

      “And what would that be?”

      “I don’t want to be here right now.”

      “Well you should’ve thought of that before you decided to skip class with Mr. Ryan over here,” he said, sitting down at his desk. It was all Chase’s fault. I shouldn’t even be in here. Thanks a lot Chase! When we get out of here, I’m so killing you!

      “Well you see Mr. Wilson, it wasn’t our fault,” I explained. Chase snorted at my remark.

      “Oh it wasn’t?” the young teacher asked, intrigued as he arched an eyebrow.

      “No.”

      “Then whose fault was it?”

      “No one’s.”

      “No one’s? Really Ms. Tylers?”

      “Really.”

      “Then how exactly did ‘no one’ cause you to skip an entire class period?”

      “Uh... we got lost. Well at least, I did.”

      “You got lost? Do you really expect me to believe that?”

      “Yes I do. I’m a new student, so it’s entirely legitimate for me to get lost in the building,” I said, trying not to laugh.

      “Oh, and Mr. Ryan just happened to bump into you, and also get lost?”

      “No; Chase thought my class was at one end of the building, but it was actually at the other end, so yeah.”

      “Interesting story Ms. Tylers. Refine it a bit, and next time add more detail to make it more believable.”

      “Will do,” I saluted him.

      “Don’t burn the school down in my absence, I’ll be back in an hour. Even though I expect you to, I’ll ask anyways, please don’t talk. Goodbye,” he said, leaving the room, and closing the door with a thud. Real responsible teacher...

      “Loser,” I muttered under my breath. Chase laughed.

      “If it means anything to you, I liked your story,” Chase said, smiling.

      “Great, oh and by the way, I was referring to you, being the loser.”

      “Oh Jules, that hurts!”

      “I’m sure it does…”

      “Julia Tylers, in detention. My, my, my! However did this happen?” Trent asked, walking over to my desk. He was a regular, which wasn’t surprising.

      “Well Trenty, I missed you, so I skipped class with this moron to see you!” I said.

      “That’s so sweet of you Julesy! I’m touched, really.”

      “Good.”

      “What were you guys even doing instead of class anyways? I mean I skip all the time, but that’s because I’m me. What were you two doing?” he asked.