We Deserve Each Other

We came back late, so the first thing we did was crawl into bed.

                “I’m tired.” Sara groaned into the pillow and I just chuckled. We were at my place tonight since it was closer to Jan’s and we needed to pick up Cooper.

                Cooper wasted no time jumping into bed after us and crawling up at the bottom of our feet. “He’s so lucky he’s cute.” I said through my yawn.

                “Are you saying you’d kick him out of bed if he was ugly?” She rolled over and I slid my arm beneath her neck while she moved closer and let her head rest on my shoulder.

                “Maybe I would.” I mumbled and stuck my tongue out at her.

                “Liar. You’d love him anyways.”

                “He’s an okay dog.” I admitted, watching him pant at us with his pink tongue lolling out of his mouth.

                She yawned a nuzzled farther into me. “When are we having dinner with your brother?”

                “Wednesday. And I have to go to the bar with Jan tomorrow night.”

                “Okay. That sounds good.” She murmured.

                “Go to sleep, baby.” I kissed her forehead and she said something in return, but I couldn’t hear it. I was just happy that she fell asleep almost immediately.

                We woke up early got into our chef’s jacket and checkered pants. Ironed, clipped nails, kitchen shoes, the whole sha-bang. Culinary school was hard work, and you had to look spectacular every day for it. I do have to say that Sara looked hot in that chef’s jacket with the nice clean T shaped crease on the back. If I didn’t have somewhere to go, I would have torn the damn thing off by now.

                Instead I took her to school, which wasn’t nearly as fun as everything else I could have been doing to her. Those green eyes would look so much better rolled back as she tangled her fingers into my hair and moaned my name. Yeah, that would be a lot better than school.

                We were baking a cake and would be decorating it once it cooled. It was in the oven now, leaving nothing for Sara and I to do but talk.

                “You’re going to see Jan tonight?” She asked, her shoulder pressed against mine.

                “Yeah, you wanna come?”

                She shook her head and said, “I think Taylor wants to hang out.” Taylor was the one who told me to talk to Sara that first night. So much has changed since then. I could barely think of Sara as a one night stand now, how could I have ever thought of her like that?

                Because I was an asshole back then.

                “Well, I promise to be a good girl tonight.” I said, smiling playfully.

                She grinned and leaned forward, her lips brushing against my ear and causing me to shiver slightly. “Good girls get rewarded, bad girls get punished.” And then the oven beeped and Sara swiftly turned around to pull it out, leaving me to stand there with wide eyes and my jaw hanging open.

                When I first met this girl, wasn’t she crazy nervous? Damn. Where did that girl go?