♦️ Chapter 10 || Now We're Even ♦️

Chapter 10 || Now We're Even
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

One by one small cool wet drops fell onto my face, but I didn't move... I couldn't move. All I saw was the same thing everywhere.... black. I could hear and feel everything, I just couldn't see or move.

"Miss?" I heard a foggy voice say over me.

The wet drops fell on my face again.

"Miss?" I again heard faintly.

I tried to move my body to open my eyes and stand up but I wouldn't budge. I was numb.

"Nicole!" I heard someone familiar shout, "I know you can hear me! Wake up!"

I felt someone shake me vigorously.

I began to gain some feeling in my body.

"Sir, you need to back away. You're only making the situation worse?" another voice announced which caused the shaking to stopped.

"Worse? You're not doing $h**!" The familiar voice spat with anger.

That voice lingered in my mind, who was that?

Why can't I recognize it?

JAKE! The voice was Jake!

"Nicole! Wake up the f*** up!" Jake shouted.

"Sir. I am going to have to ask you to step away" another voice said.

"Step away? I saved her f***ing life and you're asking me to step away!" Jake yelled.

"In the mood you're in, you could only make things worse." the voice said.

"Right?" Jake said sarcastically.

I tried to move again, but the outcome was nothing. Jake's voice ran though my head and I managed to move my head slightly.

"Did you see that?! I f***ing did that not you!" Jake yelled, "I don't even have any medial degree and I'm doing this $h** better than you". On the inside I was laughing at his side comment and I am sure I was the only one who was.

I could hear footsteps coming closer to me. Soon two hands were upon my shoulders and Jake was saying, "C'mon Nicole. You can do it, wake up!"

My eye lids began to feel lighter. Why was Jake's voice having this effect on me?

"I'm right here Nicole. Stay with me, it's okay. Everything is going to be okay." Jake said.

I shifted my head again and slowly began to lift my eyes. It felt like I was lifting bags of sand but I wasn't going to let that stop me.

I began to see a very blurry Jake hovering over my face. His dark eyes staring into mine. His jaw was clenched tightly which defined his facial features.

Jake let a huge breath and a smile of relief, "Thank god"

Jake wrapped his muscular arm around me to help me sit up. When my vision completely cleared I noticed there was an ambulance and tons of police cars surrounded by loads of cops and paramedics.

A few of the paramedics rushed to my side and immediately put an oxygen mask over my mouth while asking for my name, what happened, if I felt any pain and what not.

They had examined my wounds while I was unconscious and luckily they were just flesh wounds. Nothing more.

Once the paramedics finished with me, they moved to Jake. I stared at him. There was a bruise beginning to form over his left eye, but it's not that noticeable. His hands were clutched in fists and covered in blood.