♦️ Chapter 15 || You wouldn't even hurt a fly ♦️

Chapter 15 || You wouldn't even hurt a fly
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

I felt untouchable as I punched the heavy bag in my second home. A place where I come almost as frequent as my home and a place where I feel just as safe - the boxing gym.

The bell went off telling us to switch stations - meaning it was my turn to spar.

I lowered my gloves and made my way to the ring where my boxing coach, Doug, stood at his corner.

Sparring was one of my favorite things about boxing. Not only are you getting in a ring to fight but it's like test. A test to see if you can put all your techniques together and simulate a real match. The only fall back is that my opponent is my coach and he wont throw any crazy punches at me. Doug would only through punches to keep me on my toes and to work on my defense.

As I ducked under the middle rope and entered the ring Doug shouted " Nicole! Long time no see!" His mouth guard stayed in his mouth as he spoke.

"Yeah, my parents went away for a business trip and I'm forced to stay with their friends" I sighed as I put my head gear on.

"You must be dying to hit someone then" he said while his eyes lit up.

I shrugged "I just really want to work on my technique."

"I totally understand. I want you at the top of your game and if you need a break after what happened let me know"

Doug knew about the incident that happened to me after the treacherous party. He is like family to me. He is one of my dad's best friends and has known me before I was born. My parents asked me if they could tell him for the reason that he would be able to help me if needed anything.

The bell went off again signalling the start of a new three minute round.

"Alright tap gloves" Doug said as I finished putting my mouth guard in.

I tapped gloves with Doug. The second our gloves touched I ducked under his arms of his six foot five frame and hurled an uppercut straight into his rib cage. I brought my arm back to shield my face as I threw a hook to the other side of his ribs which neatly landed causing his six foot five body to step back.

"OOO Nice one!" he said proudly through his mouth guard.

I grinned as I stepped to my right as he threw a jab to my face leaving the left side of his face open allowing me to land a right punch into his cheek. Usually I would miss this opportunity and accidentally get hit by the jab but today I was able to dodge it. I threw my right letting in land on his cheek with all my power behind it.

"OO I saw stars on that one" he said through his mouth guard again.

Doug threw a hook in my direction but I easily ducked under it coming up with a right upper cut. Unfortunately it barely hit him, but usually I can never lay a punch on him (except for the occasional punches I do land) but today was different. I was more focused and full of rage and Doug knew that.

Doug always expected great things from me. He has always known I held back in the ring but he knew I just needed something to push me over the edge and let me loose.

That incident was all the push I needed. I was never going to let someone lay a hand on me again.

The round was half way finished as I continued throwing punches at Doug who easily dodged and deflected them.

The thirty second bell went off signalling I hand thirty seconds left in the ring.

I had started off strong but was finishing weak. I needed to step up my game.