♦️ Chapter 41 || Ready ♦️

Chapter 41 || Ready
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

I sat in Ms. Cast's English class taking notes. Jake was sitting next to me now and staring at me instead of the whiteboard. He could care less about grades, but who am I to tell him what to do. It's his choice.

Trying to ignore Jake's taunting gaze, I focus on copying down the notes down Ms. Cast was writing on the board about...

Wait what were we learning again?

I was so focused on being focused I actually had no clue what was going on.

I look up at the whiteboard with a confused look as I chewed on the end of my pen.

I know... Gross but it's a stress habit.

I hear Jake chuckle from beside me and I resisted the urge to look at him, cause I know if I look at him I'll never look away... I mean not because staring at him is hypnotizing but because he won't let me. He will keep talking and talking to me and I'll get roped into some weird conversation.

I take a deep breath... focus. You can't fail this class.

"You have an A in the class why are you trying so hard?" Jake whispers to me.

I huff, "I am trying to focus!" I say softly but sternly while avoiding looking at him.

"Princess, You are literally an expert at all this English stuff."

I was about to open my mouth and turn to him when Ms. Cast chimes in.

"Mr. Vance do you have something you would like to say to the class?" She asks Jake with a pointed face.

Jake shrugs still looking at me and nonchalantly says, "Nope."

"Then I suggest you pay attention to what I'm writing on the board. It will be in the midterm." She says.

My eyes widen.

This was going to be on the midterm - must write down everything!

I was about to start writing my notes again when Jake cheekily chimes in, "And I care?"

I turn and glare at Jake, "Jake!" I hiss silently.

He looks at me innocently with that stupid sly grin of his, "What?"

"Jake I suggest you take a nice short walk to the principles office. Maybe that will clear your head." Ms. Cast says as she crosses her arms. Her glasses were sliding down her nose as she looked at Jake with her stern teacher face.

Jake smiles, "Suggestion taken."

He quickly gets up from his desk and swings his empty backpack over his shoulder, "See you later Princess," he says with a wink before strutting out of the room.

What goes on in that man's head I'll never know.

"What are the chances Jake will actually go to the principles office?" Ms. Cast asks me with an unamused chuckle as Jake slams the door.

"Do you want me to be honest?" I answer.

She shakes her head as she walks over to the school phone and calls the principle's office.

Oh Jake, I shake my head with a laugh knowing he probably didn't go to Principle Hillwater's office.

After Ms. Cast finishes her phone she walks over to her desk, picks up her workbook and begins teaching us the lesson again.