♦️ Chapter 18 || Thank You ♦️

Chapter 18|| Thank You
🔹🔹🔹🔹
**Nicole's POV**

  Just one more day Nicole. Just one more day of walking down the hallways of high school.

These hallways have became my enemies. Between classes - when I am walking alone - Ashley and her friends decide its a good idea to.... how exactly do I put this.... attack me...? Maybe its not so much of attacking but they attack me with horrible comments about my looks, my life, my family, and just me in general. Not just this just this but they have been getting physical. Ever since that incident in English class Ashley has been nonstop picking on me. They have been doing things as simple as tripping me and throwing my stuff everywhere to actually kicking and punching me leaving bruises.

What ever Jake did to her obviously set Ashley off on this rampage... Whenever he is somewhat near me she stays far far away and doesn't even look at me and Jake hasn't the slightest clue and I don't plan on telling him.... for two reasons. One being that if I do Ashley swore to make my life a living hell more than it already is and two being that I don't want to make this a big deal. Jake has better things to worry about than me, I can't be selfish... I need to handle things on my own.

Ashley has been smart - I have to give her credit for that. She is so careful about planning every little detail. She knows exactly where in the hall I will be and where she will attack. She also knows exactly where to hurt me and where to not leave bruises.

My mind swirled as all these thoughts conjured in my mind as I neared my locker. I took a deep breathe, the day is almost over Nicole you can do it.

I opened my locker door but before I could grab my things a hand placed over my mouth and around my waist and pushed me into the wall.

My head pounded from the impact and I saw black spots dancing across my vision.

I heard Ashley and her friends laugh at my pain.

"I just don't understand why Jake tries to protect you. Your not worth protecting" Ashley snapped.

"Why are you doing this?" I mumbled which immediately earned a direct elbow strike to my ribs.

My body contracted in pain but I was still being pinned up against the wall against my own will.

Ashley and her friends laughed.

As I was being held Ashley dumped the contents of my backpack everywhere. When she finished she gestured her head to my locker and her friends took action. They grabbed me and dragged me over to my locker, kicking only made my situation worse. Every time I tried to kick free someone would kick my gut. They stuffed me into my locker and immediately slammed the door and put the lock on it.

Ashley put her forehead to the door and said "Because I can" and with a flick of her blonde hair she turned and walked away.

The locker space was extremely tight, I was unable to move my arms and legs due to the lack of space.

The darkness of my locker surrounded me. My heart race shot up like a rocket and I started breathing faster than normal.

With all the boxing and self-defense classes I've been taking I still can't stand up for my self. I don't have the heart to... I deserve every thing coming to me. There is a reason for everything, things don't just happen.

The bell rang signalling for the last block of the day to start, my eyes widened. I am going to miss class!

I tried squirming but only caused more pain to myself.