the *actual* apology

(unedited)

Normally, Luke wasn't the type to get hung up over a guy or girl who he had started to gain feelings for. If that person didn't like him back, or the relationship just wasn't working out, then you could catch the blond at the local clubs quickly getting over it. So, you could imagine how much confusion the blond was in when he just simply couldn't find the strength to get his ass up and find the nearest club to pick someone up so he could get the hell over his beautiful hazel eyed neighbor. He just couldn't. All he wanted to do was lay in bed and mope about the damn brunet and the damn guy—Hank or something like that—in his apartment. Alone together. With beer and pizza. Luke knew that he was probably overreacting. He didn't know who that tall green eyed guy was to Ashton. He shouldn't really care because it was Ashton's own life. But, he did have to admit that he kept his ears in alert for any out of the ordinary 'banging' sounds that could come out of Ashton's apartment, but other than that, that was it. The blond knew that he was being a complete child about the situation, and that he should make an effort to go and talk to Ashton, but his pride was getting in the way and he didn't want to be the one to speak to him first (even though technically he already did—with the milk story and stuff).

He groaned when he heard someone knock on his door loudly. It was probably Michael dropping off the dvds he borrowed the day before. He rolled off his bed, shuffling to the door and grumbling out 'I'm coming, I'm coming' when the knocks became more persistent. He opened the door with a scowl on his face but was quickly replaced with look of surprise when he saw the hazel eyed man he was thinking about nonstop for the past two weeks biting his lip nervously and looking down at his feet.

"Ashton?" Luke asked warily and the brunet snapped his head up. His hazel eyes looked at Luke through the black frame of his glasses and a small smile made his way onto his face. Luke stared at him in awe, wondering how it was possible for someone to look so adorable and sexy at the same time. He watched how the brunet's hazel eyes drop from his eyes and widen when they looked straight at his chest. He saw that the brunet's cheeks had started to turn into a dark shade of red before he looked down at himself and realized that he was wearing nothing but his bright blue boxers that were hanging low on his hips.

"Uh, come in, please." Luke moved to the side to make room for the brunet to step into his apartment "I'm gonna go put some clothes on. You can take a seat on the couch if you want." Ashton nodded, his face still a humiliating shade of red and plopped down on the blond's old couch that he stole from his parent's basement. Luke waited for the brunet to get settled in before he quickly darted into his room to put actual clothes on. When he came back out he saw Ashton on his phone sitting in a more comfortable position with his shoes kicked off and legs spread across the couch cushions. He looked up when he heard the blond approach him and he locked his phone, putting it in his pocket.

"Hey." Ashton greeted softly and removed his legs from the couch, making room for Luke to sit next to him. His face had returned to its normal shade much to the blond's dismay because damn, Ashton looked so fucking cute when he was all flustered.

"Hey." Luke greeted back. There was an awkward pause before the blond piped back up. "Um, not that I don't want you here or anything, but why exactly are you here?"

"I don't know I just missed you, I guess." Ashton shrugged "And now that I know that you're my neighbor, then it was really easy for me to just come and see you, y'know?" Luke nodded, his heart fluttering knowing that Ashton had missed him.

"And I'm sorry that I called you an asshole." Ashton apologized sheepishly and Luke shook his head furiously.

"Oh god, no. I was an asshole. An inconsiderate asshole. I'm sorry that I'm so... loud." Luke apologized back and earned a soft giggle from the brunet, which honestly was fucking music to his ears.