roen || 5

☻ by charlotte

nora and i are going to a convention starting tomorrow, but i'm too excited to go to sleep so here i am. nora's still writing that special request. sorry, we just have a habit of procrasinating. 

also i kinda want to start a bungou stray dogs x reader just cause i love it so much, save me from my suffering haha

~

   you opened your eyes only to be met by black. you slowly sat up from what felt like the cold, stone floor. light only surfaced from the small window in the doorway.

   but where were you?

   attempting to remember only made your head ache in pain. after stumbling to the doorway, you tried to see what was in the hallway. the door was locked, and the hallway was dimly lit by candles lined against the walls. people were talking in the distance and were soon approaching.

   you stepped back from the light, not wanting to be seen by whoever was holding you captive.

   "what's the human doing here anyway?"

   "jek said it's a new slave or something, i heard the oldest one died."

   "pfht, of course, i shouldn't be surprised. but damn were they a hassle to bring in, that stupid mut with them was a pain in the ass."

   their voices soon faded away, showing they were no longer in the hallway. but what did they even mean? then it hit you, and everything came rushing back. 

   you and roen were out late at night, when you were approached by multiple vampires, and jek being one of them. roen tried to keep you of harm's way but was too distracted fighting to realize a vampire had snuck by him and latched onto you. the last thing you remember was seeing the look of terror in roen's eyes as he turned back to you disappearing.

   you slid down against the wall and put your head against your knees while trying to catch your breath. your heart was racing, and you could feel yourself growing dizzy as you grew paranoid about what would happen to you.

   where was roen? how long had you been in here? your vision grew hazy before you soon passed out.

   you woke up to the sound of yells and explosions. something was burning. you could smell the smoke coming into the hallway. with shaky hands, you tried to gain your balance. weak feet caused you to collapse to the floor and hit your head on the ground.

   the door slammed open minutes later.

   "(y/n)? (y/n)!" roen looked around the room in panic before looking down to see you on the ground. 

   he quickly picked you up from the ground. he had been searching for you for days with barely any sleep. he hated to admit it, but he had been so afraid, scared that you were dead. roen realized how cold your body was as his grip around you tightened. he sent heat to his hands to warm you up. 

   "we're getting out of here." he quickly transported both of you out of the vampires' castle and back into the human world where he knew you'd be safe and carried you home and placed you in the bed you two shared, where you belonged.

   roen knew he wouldn't be able to sleep until you had awoken.

   hours later, you woke up to the sounds of birds chirping in the distance. opening your eyes, you jolted up from the bed in panic. what happened?

   you turned to the sound of the door opening. roen stood there, eyes widened.

   "(y/n)!" roen reacted as soon as possible, wrapping you into the tightest hug he's ever given. and he wasn't much of a person to display affection unless he was in his dog form. he continuously murmered small 'thank god's and 'i love you's before stepping back.

   "forgive me for losing my composure." he looked down for a moment.

   "...you have no idea how worried i was." he bit his bottom lip and tried not to make eye contact with you. you murmered his name with a small smile on your face, causing him to look back at you. he had missed your voice so god damn much. he did not hesitate to pull you back into a hug and carry you back into bed.

   "you need to get your sleep. we both do." he said before burying his face in the crook of your neck and breathing in your scent. you murmered in agreement before he pulled you closer to him.

   "never leave me again."

~

sorry if that sucked. well, all my stories suck aha. i tried, and now i should probably sleep it's almost twelve a.m. and have to get up in seven hours.