Chapter 26 - School Is For The Dumb

"I see you finally decided to turn up." Seth says to me as I walk up to my locker the next day. Caleb glares at me from his side. "A friend of ours has a message for you."

"You can tell this "friend of yours" to fuck off." I answer loudly.

A couple of girls start whispering and both Caleb and Seth develop looks of incredulity on their faces. These looks are soon replaced by ones of complete fury, though.

"Luke says to watch your back." Seth continues after a moment. "He also says that if you think what you did to Caitlyn was funny, wait until he gets back."

"Well, I say to you to get a life." I slam my locker shut. "Are you really so pathetic you can't even prank me without Luke? Everything has to be wait until our master gets back? You are both such an absolute waste of space." I smile a little before dropping my ultimate bomb. "You can't even bully someone."

Before I can say anything I'm shoved against the lockers by someone. I groan at the sudden burst of pain in my back, and look up at Caleb. To be honest, I'm not surprised.

I knew what I was saying was going to set them off and make them livid, so I knew what I was getting into. I also have a backup plan. I did all of this on purpose, to get them angry.

Today is open day at school.

In other words, it's the day prospective students and their parents visit the school, take a tour around it and sit in on some classes. Hopefully, some should be here in seconds, meaning I'll get Seth, Caleb and Nate in tons of trouble.

I look up to see Caleb, obviously looking for something witty to say, still pressing me against the lockers. My eyes dart right and left, but I don't see a trace of visitors or any teachers.

Come on. I will them to come in my head. I'm starting to feel a little light-headed due to Caleb's hand around my neck. Just as I think I'm about to either faint or knee him where the sun don't shine and try to escape, a large group of parents rounds the corner.

Someone gasps and there's a shout, and Caleb lets go of me immediately, taking various steps back, glaring daggers at me. I'm dead when the four of them get back, but at least this was fun.

"CALEB HENDERSON, HOW DARE YOU?" The headmaster shouts. I rub my neck painfully, but inside, I'm doing somersaults of happiness. I must say, Jean is a little, evil mastermind. "GET HERE RIGHT NOW, BOTH OF YOU!"

Jean smiles at me from the other end of the corridor, and grabbing my books and bag, I jog off down to him before anyone can stop me or say anything to me.

"Amazing." He chuckles, holding up his hand for a high five.

"I can't believe we pulled that off."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine." I rub my neck again, but brush it off. It's nothing compared to what I'm used to. "I guess we should get to lessons." I look at the floor.

"Aw, come on, we're not going to lessons after that." He answers, lifting my chin up. "I say we make a run and go have some fun."

"But-"

"You got any tests today?"

"No." I answer, and he shrugs.

"Well, there's your answer."

"I swear, since I've known you, I've missed more school than I ever have before." I laugh, looking around. My eyes catch on one particular figure, storming towards me, followed by a couple of other familiar, smaller and bitchier-looking figures.

Fuck. No one thought about Nate. Or Caitlyn's minions, Zara and Tiara.

"You know what, your idea is a great one." I grab Jean's hand and tug him after me, darting out of a back entrance, practically dragging me after him. "Do you think they'll follow us?"

He darts around the corner to check and then nods, coming back. "Get us out of here." He pants, looking right and left. We sprint across the school's soccer field before coming to a busy road. We somehow manage to cross it without being run over, and finally find a small cafe where we can hide.

One of the Bullied | ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara