Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Present Day - 25th April 2010

"Where's Hayden? I need my Beta right now!" I said, pacing through the pack house.

"Alpha. I'm here, what do you need?" Hayden popped out of nowhere, surprising me.

"Hey, I need you, Casey and Dimitri to accompany me to the Alpha meeting. I'm probably going to be the only woman there so I need you guys."

A curve tugged at the corner of his lips resulting in a wide smile, exposing his beautiful smile and perfect teeth.

"Of course Alpha, I'll alert them right away."

I returned the gesture. Hayden was so kind and reserved. Not to mention an excellent fighter. He was also my best friend.

"Hayden, you're the best." I said, with a wink.

"I know." He replied before skipping away like a little girl.

I was privileged to have The Legends as my Betas. Dimitiri, Hayden and Casey acquired that nickname as a group after they staged the demise of Alpha Kellin.

I wasn't sure what this meeting was about, but I doubt it was anything good.

For someone to call all the Alphas in the country together for meeting, something bad must be happening.
2 hours later, myself and my Betas hopped into my range rover and sped off to the designated destination.
We arrived at a charming mansion. The colour was beautiful. Nude with burgundy. Little specs of gold rained here and there, the compound was caged in by high walls laced with barbed wire. It was beautiful.
We arrived at the gate where a young man greeted us.

"Alpha Blaise?" He asked, with a sincere smile.

"Yes, that's me." He was really cute, he looked a few months shy of 17.

"I'm a big fan." He said, his smile widened.

"Thanks doll." I replied, cruising past the gates.

My pack was known everywhere. If you didn't know, then that was a problem. With 400 or so members, we kept the balance of good and evil. If anyone wanted to join the pack, they were welcome. I'm not an evil Alpha, I'm actually kind of cool if I do say so myself.

We were directed into a conference room where other Alphas and their Betas were seated. All of them were men. All eyes fell on us. I walked with determination and courage to my seat, behind me were my Betas.
Everyone finally settled, a few people were missing, I assumed they would join later.

Alpha Christensen walked out looking as good as a 50 year old could.

"Alphas. I have called you here today because we have a dilemma. There are quite a lot of packs in the United States and I think it's about t-"

He was rudely interrupted by a loud bang at the door. Without even waiting for permission to enter, in they came.
3 large men entered first, they looked like body builders. They all stepped aside to reveal something carved by Prometheus. I guess he favoured him. He was perfect. He was beautiful. He was about 6ft 6in, muscular, dirty blonde hair that fell just above his hazel eyes and lips that would curve into a very sexy smile. Perfect. By the tensing in his muscles he knew the bond we shared. My companion.
Something tugged at my brain as it was rushed with so much information. Like it had been waiting.

His name was Axel St.Clair, Alpha of the Moonlight Pack.

He began to speak.
"May I have a word with Alpha Blaise quickly before we start? I apologise for the disturbance." His voice was velvety smooth, it was like liquid butter.
Alpha Christensen gave a firm nod to me to leave, like a stupid little girl I followed this stranger outside.
As I entered the hallway I could barely see anything, before large hands found their way to my waist. My skin tingled at his touch, my cheeks heating up. He was making me blush.

In a seductive voice, he said:
"Winter." How did he...how could he...we only just...he's weird. And had a faint Spanish type accent.

I spun around in shock, knocking ornaments over that would be heard from the other room.

"How do you know my name, who are you?" I asked as I was confused how he knew my name. Only my Betas knew my real name.

"I'm your mate, I know everything about you." His lips curved into a smile.

"Okay Axel, we can pick this up later." I didn't even let him finish, I was walked into the room and took my seats next to the boys.

Alpha Christensen began to speak again.

"As I was saying, I think it's about time that we join forces because history is repeating itself. It's not just our kind anymore. The vampires and the rest of the supernatural creatures have been dragged into this now. During my hunt with a few members of my pack, I came across something."

He gestured for us to look at something draped with a black cloak. With a mighty tug, the drape fell.

A vampire, with a scar coming from the corner of her eye to the corner of her mouth. A dark liquid covered her clothes, and her mouth. She repeatedly tried to get out, breaking her bones in the process only for it to heal. She was rabid.

The sight erupted panic in the room.

"What is that doing here?!"

"What's wrong with her?!"

"She's mad!"

All sorts of questions ricocheted around the room but were left unanswered.

Alpha Christensen started.
"Can you see the mark on her face? Only members of The Kalabash have that."

A young looking Alpha interrupted with a question.
"What is The Kalabash?"

A crease appeared in Alpha Christensen's forehead. Like he was shocked.
"The Kalabash is a legion of evil supernatural creatures, led by a werewolf. It's believed that a new werewolf, most likely an Alpha has taken over along with her pack."

He continued;
"When a new leader is elected, The Nexus are awakened. The Nexus are highly skilled hunters, who are trained to hunt and destroy evil creatures. This has stirred panic for people of our kind and others who live in Lumina. Even the Luma know that something fishy is happening."
Lumina is the name given to the human world, Luma is the plural term for "humans".

"The election is a chain reaction for other events. As we speak, The Frame is being activated in each supernatural household. The frame is a mirror in each supernatural person's home that acts as a portal to the supernatural realm. The only time The Frame is used is when there's a war coming."

Horror intoxicated everyone except me, Alpha Christensen and Axel.

"But we have a secret weapon. A Silan alpha." Alpha Christensen glanced at me to stand up and introduce myself.
This was going to be fun.

"I'm Blaise Erikson, Alpha of The White Fire Pack and I'm a Silan in transition."

The same clueless young man asked me what a Silan was and what I meant by 'in transition'.

"A Silan is the offspring of a Silgar and Nyan. To become a full Silan I have to kill someone, which I haven't done. My kind are rare because it's seen as an abomination. But my father bit my mother and there I was."

I felt like I was being raped but with eyes. Like what's with people and staring?

An arrogant man who I identified as Dominic began bombarding me with questions.

"So if your kind are so rare, what's so special about you?" Here is where I'm going to sound like such a bitch.

"When I complete my transition, I'm indestructible."

Alpha Christensen looked like he was going to lash out at Dominic so he cut the Q&A session short.

"Now everyone, most of you are young and aren't fully educated on this matter but your loyalty and courage is going to be tested. You will be introduced into things you would've never thought existed. Things like the divine and the damned. Yes, Angels, Archangels, Nephilim, Satori, Rampants and Datorians. But the main aim, right now is to find out who the leader of The Kalabash is and stop them from recruiting. You are all welcome here to train or read up on the creatures you will be facing. My house is open to everyone from today onwards. Mind you this isn't for the faint hearted, no one is going to pressure you, it's your choice."

As he finished, his phone rang. I wasn't one for eavesdropping but it sounded like another Alpha and his Beta were on their way up.

Minutes passed until there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." said Alpha Christensen.
As the two faces appeared, all the blood left my face. Anger erupted in my chest and I let out a growl that shocked everyone.

"Winter, good to see you." Caleb Argent, the Alpha of my old pack. I'm going to kill him.

Behind him, stood my father. I was disgusted at the sight of them.

"Accalia what's with the hostility?" My own father just asked me that. Ha.

"I'm going to kill you both, slowly and painfully. And I'm going to make your wives and children watch." I said, my voice was oozing with hate.

"Blaise, do you know these men?" Alpha Christensen stood protectively in front of me.

"Sadly, yes. That rat of a man to your left is Caleb Argent and his Beta is my father."

"You are no daughter of mine." Ario said. I refuse to call him father. His presence itself makes me sick.
My blood began to boil at that moment.

"I give you 5 seconds to leave." I wasn't responsible for what happened next.

"What are you going to do? Cry?" Caleb was making jest of me, bad idea.

"5...4...3...2...1!" With one swift flick of my leg, I fly kicked Caleb in the face and with all my strength I slammed my clenched fist into Ario's jaw. Something cracked which gave me satisfaction.

"To answer your question, you just got your ass handed to you by a girl."