Chapter 4

Chapter 4

We only had a few minutes till Lyonis would arrive. I was tense, no doubt.

Large, strong hands wrapped around my waist securely, pulling me back into a rock solid body. I inhaled Axel's scent deeply and sank into him.

"Winter, you're tense. Relax." He drew out the 'a' before lift me to the couch.

"Axel, I'm relaxed. Always relaxed. Tension doesn't live around here.

Nope."

I was used to being on edge so it came off as a shock to him. He was so caring.

"If you say so." With that, he pulled me in and kissed my nose softly.

I chewed my bottom lip because I knew I had lied to him.

"How do you know what I'm feeling?" I asked.

He faced me and gave a sincere but firm smile.

"It's a thing with alpha mates. I can sense when you're stressed or when you need my help." I never knew we could do that. You learn something new everyday.

"That's pretty cool. Axel, I'll be in my office, I have some stuff I need to handle. I'll be back in 20 minutes okay?"

"Sure thing."

I spun on my heels to sprint up the stairs the stairs.

I reached the top when I smelt something funny. It was Axel's mixed with another female's. Oh fuck me.

I tiptoed down the stairs to find 3 rats all over Axel. He didn't look like he was objecting either. A deadly growl erupted from my chest and my claws grew from my finger tips. Sharp jagged canines formed in my mouth. My eyes shifted into blood red orbs. This was what I call mid-shifting.

"GET. OFF. OF. HIM. RIGHT NOW."

My voice had morphed completely. I sounded like a true alpha.

In an instant, the girls rushed past me, flinging apologies at me.

I turned around to find a smirking Axel. Rage flooded my veins and I swung for Axel, but he dodged it.

He seemed a little too pleased with himself. I swung for him again but this time he simply threw me over his shoulder and made his way up the stairs.

"Axel you're such an ass!"

"Speaking of asses, yours is really soft and perky."

"Shut up!"

He stopped speaking, I relaxed my chin on his shoulder when he slapped my butt and squeezed it. That son of a bitch.

We got to my bedroom and he threw me onto my bed. We sat in a somewhat comfortable silent until I saw Axel's muscles tense.

Without turning to me, he said;

"She's here."

"Alright, let's go." I grabbed his hand and laced mine with his. It felt nice. Since I became alpha, I was firm but fair but now I'm losing it. With Axel being here all the time, I've gone soft by just a smidge. Nothing to worry about.

We reached the living room and I froze in my tracks. Lyonis was here but that wasn't my problem. Next to her were my mom and Ario.

"Winter! My baby!" My mother ran up to me and pulled me into a bear hug.

"My name is Blaise, Winter was the name my parents gave me, but they're both dead to me so I changed it." I gave a smile that would scare anyone out of their skin.