Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I stormed out of the conference room, to be quite honest, I felt like a bad ass.
I heard large footsteps behind me, but dually ignored them, Ario and Caleb have really outdone themselves today.

"Winter! Winter, wait!" I noticed the voice like it was a song that would be stuck in my head forever. It was familiar and it sent warmth to my heart.

"Shhhh! To these people, my name is Blaise. No one, excluding my Betas call me Winter!" I said, seriously no one calls me Winter, it's a known fact.

A mischievous smile grew on his perfect face.

"I'm the only exception."

His smile was contagious so I couldn't help but smile.

I began to speak, "Axel..I th-" before he cut me off by putting his index finger on my parted lips.

"No talk, I'll come pick you up from your house. We have a crisis on our hands but first we need to get to know each other."

I was so starstruck that all I could do was nod. He had such a crazy effect on me.

"Alpha, let's go!" Casey's voice floated into my ears from behind. I tried to turn around when I realised I couldn't move. My legs have failed me.

Casey ran up to me with a face full of confusion.

"Winter, you coming?"

"Case, I can't move."
"What do you mean you can't move?"

"I can't move my feet. Just take me to the car please."

His face brightened.

"You were talking to the alpha of The Moonlight Pack weren't you?" He offered me a wink which I rejected.

"Yes, now let's go!"

He lifted me up bridal style and approached the car.

"I know he's your mate." He whispered in my ear .

My mate. Mine. I liked the sound of that. Winter St.Clair. It had a nice ring to it.

We got into the car and made our way home. For a solid 30 minutes, the boys made fun of me because of the way I reacted to Axel talking to me. I couldn't help it. It wasn't in my nature to react like that. He made me weak.

We finally arrived home, the house was buzzing. I was sure word had gotten out about the meeting.

Casey, Dimitri and Hayden scattered as soon we got home and I wasn't sure where they went. I had to handle some pack business so I made my way to my office.

As I approached my door, I heard laughter from the other side. I wonder who was in there. I opened the door to find Axel, the boys and Asena who was Casey's younger sister in my office.

"Look at her cheeks! She was adorable!" Axel held a photo of me...butt naked when I was 4. Holy shit.

"Guys! Put that down, we have important things to worry about!" I hated sounding like a bitch but I needed to get things done.

Axel was the first to approach me with a smirk on his face. He planted a soft kiss on my forehead, before lowering his lips to graze my ear to say, "You look so hot when you're angry."
I couldn't even respond but by the way my face felt like it was on fire, I think he knew what my response would be.
I avoided meeting his eyes, he made me so nervous.

"Let's go to the library, we have research to do." I had to conjure up some sort of excuse.

"I'll just go get my Beta and we'll be right there." After that, Axel made his way out of the office.

As soon as the door closed, the boys rushed to me.

Dimitri was the first to speak.
"I like him, he's worthy of your awesomeness."

"He's totally cool with me. He's funny too!" Casey chimed in.

All Asena did was wink at me and I knew what meant. I'd have to fill her in later.

"He's okay, he'll be a useful ally. I don't fully trust him yet." Hayden was always cautious and I didn't blame him. I nodded in agreement and we made our way to the library.

There with Axel was a tall young man. He wore a dark t shirt that complemented his muscles, he had dark hair and green-ish eyes. He smiled as soon as he saw me and whispered something to Axel causing him to smile. I held myself together because when Axel smiles, my legs fail me and it's not cool.

"Hi, Alpha Blaise, I'm Blake Hunt. Beta of The Moonlight Pack and Axel's best friend." He offered me a warm smile. He was really good looking. From the way he looked at Asena, I already knew they were mates. She looked all dopey and stuff.

"Nice to meet you, this is my friend Asena." I said bringing Asena out of her daydream.

"You're beautiful Asena." Blake said, taking her hand in his and kissing it slowly.

Casey cut in between them as I knew he would.

"Yeah and I'm Casey, her older brother. Let's just go through the basics, if you hurt her I'll send you to your grave. Understand?"

"Gotcha." Blake wouldn't hurt Alena. I was sure of it.

"Are you guys ready to do some studying?"

I heard a chorus of complaints but I just ignored them. Our library had over 10,000 books,different genres, from history to present day, everything was here.

We approached the myths and legends section and sat around a large table.
I began to speak.

"From what we've heard from Alpha Christensen, stuff like The Nexus, The Frame are real. And we vaguely know what they are. But he gave us Alphas some stuff to look up. So I'm gonna give you something to look for each.
Hayden, look for something called The Nishik, Case you'll research The Nexus, Dimitri find out what The Frame does and where we can find one. Blake and Asena, you two look up the angels and the archangels, there should be something about Nephilim there too. And Axel, me and you will research The Kalabash. We all clear?"

Everyone nodded in unison and we were off to work.

Myself and Axel combed through every nook and cranny of the library and read so many dust ridden books.

An hour and a half passed before everyone began returning to the table.
Hayden was the first to speak.

"So the Nishik, it's a bond that happens between a werewolf and a Nephilim that only occurs every 1000 years. The Nephilim transfers it's powers to the werewolf's body and places itself in the mind. Together they're indestructible. But both have to be 17. We have a list of Nephilim here, but the only one that we know is Seychelle Evans. Is it worth calling her down?"

Everyone in the room was above 17 which was great, we were all hitting 20 this year which was even better so calling Seychelle was a good idea.

"Yeah that's great research, we'll call her later." I said, I had a few things to discuss with Hayden anyways.
Next was Asena and Blake who looked all lovey dovey like how me and Axel should look. Two alphas equals trouble. Blake went first.

"Well all the angels are in Heaven but will only come to help unless there are Nephilim or Fallen Angels involved. The Archangels, there are seven of them but the main 3 are Rafael, Michael and Gabriel. I ran into Gabriel a couple of years ago, he was having a quarrel with Lilith and Sammael. So when they decided to strike him, I intervened and helped him out. Since then he said if I needed anything all I had to do was pray to him."

Asena continued after him.
"Also the fallen, the angels who sided
Lucifer in the Great War were banished to earth and had their wings stripped off them with angelfire.

There's a list of angels here that you've ran into before who can help us. Most of them are soldiers. Except Camael, he could be of great use to us."

I nodded, we were making progress.

"Dee, what did you find out?" I looked towards Dimitri who was enthralled by a 200 year old book. Give or take 450 years.

"The Frame is actually a mirror. But it's called The Frame because of the patterns around it. It's believed that when a war is coming, the portal to the supernatural world opens. No Luma can pass through it or even see it's power. It moves you to a different realm, where people like us can walk around freely. Vampires can walk in the sun there and not burn.

Werewolves don't necessarily have to change on a full moon. Witches aren't pushovers. Everything is perfect there. Seeing as we'll be needing one of these, we'll go to my grandfather's house. I asked him this morning after the meeting and he said he has a spare that we can use. We only found out about these so late because we are younger and there wasn't really a need for them until now. "

That was a lot to take in. But it would be worth it in the end. There was so much more to the world than werewolves and vampires. We were really bad at keeping under the radar.
"Case, The Nexus." I nodded to Casey to begin.

"They're a 12 person army. Dating back to the 10th Century, these guys are the oldest and most fearless hunting warriors. All from different backgrounds, but they are one hell of a team, 6 girls and 6 boys chosen at the age of 18 to be the protectors of the supernatural world. They are highly skilled hunters, who are trained to hunt and destroy evil creatures. They obviously have to change their name and relocate just incase people suspect that they aren't ageing. Their current names are Aaron, Ambrose, Athena, Caiden, Cruz, Deanna, Katya, Ketsya, Dalya, Patch, Wade and Winnie. They are every evil creature's nightmare."
"Sweet, good job guys. I'm impressed. Me and Axel found out that The Kalabash is usually a group of evil outlaws who want to take over the world which isn't so surprising."

Axel took over for me.
"They are made up of the Fallen, werewolves, vampires, witches, literally anything. It's usually led by a werewolf. The Moon Goddess comes into our favour here, the werewolf chosen always has a sibling who is good and just and the opposite of them. The only problem is we don't know who it is which kind of sucks."

Asena finally spoke up after a long silence.

"Guys I think you are forgetting what we are. WEREWOLVES. Do you know what else exists in our world? A whole bunch of shit. We can find a which that can tell us! Simple!"

"Now what witch would help us with this?" Blake asked, I was sure that he wasn't familiar with any of this as Asena was.

I had a lightbulb moment then. The name rolled off my tongue with familiarity.
"Lyonis."