Wildflower

I stood outside the cemetery with my eyes closed, and blood dripping down my chin from the human I had killed on the way here. My full strength was returning thanks to the fresh blood. Even though Katherina had told me my daughter was here I had already known, I could feel her, my little girl was here.

My beautiful precious little girl, only hours old and her life was already on the line, I wiped the blood from my face using the sleeve of my now tattered dress.

"Stay here" I ordered Kat.

"Not happening, aunt T".

"Besides I owe you one" she smirked, making the corner of my lips tilt up slightly.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's get my baby back" I said grabbing a hold of my nieces hand and zooming into the graveyard.

It became apparent after a few moments that the witches had cast an illusion spell on Lafayette Cemetery, making the graveyard itself multiply fifty times over. Obviously Genevieve and her teenage brats had underestimated the bond between a mother and daughter, as I could feel my little darling, she was close.

Just as Katherina and I passed a large tomb, I heard the Elijah's voice.

"We've passed through here twice already. We're running out of time." Elijah sighed in frustration as I entered the tomb just as my brother punches through a wall in anger and frustration.

"Then we move faster" Nik tells him as he marks the wall of the tomb.

"Or smarter" I say making mine and Katerina's presence known. Elijah and Nik freeze when they hear my voice,

"Little one" Elijah gasps.

"How are you here?" Nik whispers, as he runs his fingers softly along my cheek.

"You would not wake" Nik tells me his voice breaking slightly.

"I had some help from the other-side, Tatia sends her regards" I tell them, Elijah twitches at my sister's name, while Nik continues to look at me in awe.

"I can feel her Nik, she's close" I tell my husband, as both he and Elijah look at me with a confused expression.

"She's been saying that since she woke up, I told where the baby was, but she was already walking in this direction" Kat told them.

"We are wasting time, Now let's go find our daughter Niklaus" I spoke, grabbing Nik's hand and intertwining our fingers before vamping away Elijah and Katherina following in our wake.

***

I led Elijah, Katherina and Nik through the maze of tombs in the cemetery's illusion, towards our daughter. Seconds feel like hours as we got closer, then I heared them chanting I rush ahead of the group in desperation.

Nouvel vie, nouvel ame, me longe avec nous. I hear them say.

I turned a corner and to see Genevieve holding a knife above my little darlings head, I use my vampire speed to rush forward in the hopes of stopping the monster who was trying to kill my child.

"NOOO!" I roar, my voice sounds unfamiliar and animalistic.

Behind me, Elijah picks up an urn and throws it at the witches; it slams against Genevieve's hand and knocks the dagger onto the ground, my heart breaks when I hear my daughter's desperate cries.

The four of us run toward them, as Genevieve flees, Monique and blondie step forward holding hands as they start chanting sending us all flying backwards.