Chapter 6

"Please change Eve" my Mother complains as I just sit down at the bar and she stirs the pot of sauce hurriedly

"What's wrong with my outfit?" I ask looking down at my clothes

I'm wearing a loose stripped T-shirt and tight skinny jeans "look at yourself, you could look a little nicer since your alpha's coming. You need to make a good second impression"

"I think we're past second impressions" I say quietly

"What does that mean?" My Mother snips, pouring the noodles into a strainer by the sink

Her hair is already straightened, the blonde color shinning under the light. Natural red lips, like mine, are glossed and her cheeks blushed. Her hazel eyes, even though they are looking angrily at me, are sparking with long lashes surrounding them. She's wearing a dark blue dress, shorter than the one she wore when the alpha came. It's pretty with long sleeves and interesting cut outs around the neck.

"Nothing, sorry, I'll change" I jump off the stool and walk around the corner to the stairs

Before I even make it up the first couple of steps I see Victoria walking down. Her dirty blonde hair is curled and lips stained the deepest red. She's wearing a tight black pencil skirt and a low v neck floral shirt, a sparkly necklace hanging low on her cleavage.

She rolls her eyes as we pass each other but I continue up the stairs to my room. I don't know what to wear but honestly I'd actually like to be fully clothed when I see him again, the past two times were horrific.

I look in my closet and search through the clothes. What does my mom want me to wear? I pull out a yellow sundress, it's flowy and cute and if I wear a cardigan over it I'll feel comfortably covered. It has small sun flowers on it and will come down to just above my knee. I pull off my outfit and throw on the dress and cardigan. I pull my hair down from the ponytail it was in and braid my bangs, pinning them back.

I walk back down stairs to see my Mom setting the table, putting down our best china plates. Victoria is already seated on the side of the table playing on her phone, my Father no where to be found. Mom sets down the bread and lights the candles.

My moms eyes turn to me and she looks me over "better" she nods and I smile flattening out my dress "you could wear shoes though" I look down at my bare feet and sigh

A knock on the door startles me and my heart pounds. I handy thought of this but I pray he says nothing about this afternoon in the forrest or my family will kill me. I speedily walk to the table and sit down next to Victoria, trying to seem normal "no, Alphas sitting there" she says matter of factly

I sigh and stand moving to the end of the table, leaving the empty chair for alpha to my left. My Father rushes down the stairs, his dark hair combed nicely and clothing perfectly fitted. I hear my Father answer the door and my Mom stands next to him putting on her fake award winning smile.

"Alpha it's so good to have you over to our home" my Mother says but I keep my eyes forward, away from the doorway

"Please come in, my Wife made spaghetti, I hope that's alright" I hear my Father say and then there footsteps come near. I quietly giggle, spaghetti for the alpha? I shouldn't be surprised my mom has no idea how to cook.

"That's fine" his voice echoes through the house and my chest

My Mother and Father walk to the table, sitting across the empty chair and Victoria while I sit on the end. He's the last to come to the table. I keep my hands in my lap and try to keep my eyes focused on my plate.