Chapter 25

Pulling up to the restaurant it's small and fancy. It's just outside of the pack forest but that doesn't keep the humans away. We get out and Maddox takes my hand as we walk up, Peter and Lena trailing behind us.

He opens the door for us and the minute I step inside my heart pounds and I look for his Father. The group of alphas isn't hard to spot. The men all tower over the humans walking around them. They go to all sit down but I can still see all their muscular bodies and fierce faces, dark eyes scoping the area. I see four men. I automatically try to pick out which one is Maddoxs Brother and Father. My eyes land on a broad shouldered older man, his hair is dark with strands of silver streaking through. His eyes are blue unlike Maddox but his sharp jaw and deep scowl makes it automatically known that this is his Father. He looks more intimidating than I expected. I remember the first time I met Maddox his hard face and deep stare scared me...maybe his Father is soft on the inside like Maddox.

The man sitting next to him is stocky, his thick arms rest on the table, his hair is dirty blonde but the same silky and length as Maddox. His eyes are like his Brothers, deep golden brown, but the difference is their is a long scar going across his left eye moving just down over his cheekbone. It doesn't seem to effect his vision and soon his eyes are the first to land on us. A small smile rests on his lips, a rarety for a soon to be alpha.

Maddox pushes my back slightly and I walk over to them. His Brother is the first to stand and steps over to Maddox. I back away a little and they engage in a strong hug. I smile at the exchange. My eyes move over to his Father and they scan me, his eyes full of judgement and uncertainty. I automatically feel self conscious. Does he already know I'm the weak link? Did Maddox tell him or someone else in the pack? Can he just sense it?

Lena saves me by stepping in front of his stare and smiles "Alpha Thoran" she hugs him and he surprisingly hugs her back with the smallest hint of a smile

"How are you dear, how is the new pack treating you?" He asks, for a moment deflecting his eyes from me

"I love it, the land is beautiful and the people welcomed us with open arms" she says and he nods approvingly

"I knew it'd be a good fit" he nods and resumes to look at Peter. Peter bows his head and shakes his former alphas hand

They talk for a moment and I look over to Maddox to see him still talking to his Brother. My eyes scan the others to discover a pair of hazel eyes are already on me. This man is probabaly in his late twenties, he's handsome like all the alphas but something about him makes me shiver. I look away quickly and step over to Maddox.

He feels me beside him and wraps his hand around my back "Jax I'd like you to meet Everly" he tells his Brother. I look up to Maddoxs face to see the proudest of smiles, at that look I can't help but blush.

I place my hand out and Jax looks me over almost like I look familiar. None the less he takes my hand and shakes it softly. "Nice to meet you" his voice deep and his head nods slightly

Maddox turns us to his Father as Peter, Lena, and Jax slide in the booth. "Father" he deepens and hardens his voice

His Fathers eyes scan him "you've gotten weaker since the last time we've seen each other" is the first thing he says

Maddox rolls his eyes but only so that I can see "I've missed a few training and workouts, I've been very busy" he tells him and Thoran looks at me